Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Jack Stafford model PIPER PA-30 Twin Comanche

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Jack Stafford model PIPER PA-30 Twin Comanche

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 09:42 AM
Davide72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jack Stafford model PIPER PA-30 Twin Comanche

Hello Guys long time !
First i apologize for my poor English, but i just wanted share with you pics of my last build about this beauitiful twin engine model!
I hope maybe it will help someone cause i didnt find any buid log about this kit.
Some years ago i bought in ebay two new saito CL62 with a very low bid, that are control line engines maybe that's the reason ..so after i just bought the remote control carburetors and i get two new saito fa62 4 stroke with half price!! Anyway i used this twin engines on some piper and cessna with always lot of pleasure .. but i always had in my minde the idea to install this two engine on a multi engine airplane!
After a long meditation i decided to not build the same warbird " even if i love the P-38" i decided to narrow the choice on a civilian plane with the span under 2 meters..
As italian my favourite is the Piaggio P180 or some twin engine Partenavia but i didnt find any of this kits or short kit so my choiche go on the Piper kit from Jack Stafford with right size for my twi saito.
I bought this kit direct from Leisure Rc Model, and after a long wait i get it!
The balsa quality and wood was more than excellent but after i found some worst things but i prefere to not talk about..
Unfortunally i have no time for describe step by step this build log , but i will attach here the link of my picasa web album , hope you guis will like my work and if you have some question i will be glad to answer..
here some spec:
span 72"
weight 11,4 lb
engines : 2 saito cl62 4 stroke
cheap elettric landing gear from Hobby king
radio futaba fg12
1 lipo 3000mha lipo 2 cell with Emcotec DPSI Micro SingleBath 5.9V/7.2V JR
what else.. 2 led 6v on wings .. next week i will add more details pics..

https://goo.gl/photos/HEp5yFoLZvSqdTmK8

P.S. next sunday if good weather i will do the maiden flight

Ciao dall'italia
David
Old 10-06-2018, 05:26 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Very nice