Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

SIG IS DEAD (to me)

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

SIG IS DEAD (to me)

Old 03-29-2023, 10:43 AM
stang151

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default SIG IS DEAD (to me)

First off sorry for the click bait title, I don't like doing this but I am at whits end.
I like Sig products and I have built several of their kits (just finished a Sumthin Extra) and have a Citabria framed up and covered waiting for paint. I decided early on I would do this "old school" so I used Sig-Bond and , when the time came would use the Sig dope.
So Last April I was finishing the covering and ordered red and white dope ,thinner and sanding sealer from the website for $128.83. A couple of days later I got an Email saying that they were out of stock with the white and the sanding sealer but would be back in in a couple of weeks, would I want the partial order shipped or wait for the all to be in stock. I chose the latter as with out the sanding sealer I couldn't start anyways.
A couple of months went by and no word. I Emailed and asked on the statis of the order, "still not in stock " A couple of more months and the same reply .
In november I asked for a refund as it was obvious that they were not going to fill the order. Got a reply back that it was all back in stock and he was now filling back orders. I asked when I could expect the order was told "don't know but he is filling the orders now".
No order no word.
Then heard they were closing, moving , ect. Called , recording saying they were moving, to leave message, get right back, Several Emails. NOTHING.
So I am out $128 . I trusted them because they were Sig and one of the best in the hobby. But no more. I'm going to figure another way to paint this thing.
Even if Sig somehow comes back and is still in business I will not buy from them.
Sorry for the rant but it seems that at this point it is all I can do.

Old 03-30-2023, 04:29 AM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I experienced a similar issue. I asked for a refund and was "runaround" for 3 weeks with excuses such as "the girl in accounting is out getting a hair cut, etc. (No kidding!) I realized no efforts were being put forth on my behalf so I called in an order for wood and other stuff that came within a few dollars of the refund amount I requested. A week later I had my order. I agree with you. I was being LIED to and as such SIG has lost any business I need to do with them. I wrote them an email reflecting on how I was treated and asked that the new owner give me a call. "Crickets". BYE BYE SIG!
BTW......CALL in an order for other stuff and use the $128 owed to pay for it. DON'T do it online.
Old 03-30-2023, 08:36 AM
stang151

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Your lucky, I wasn't given the option of an in-house credit. And they won't answer the phone , just a recording. I am so done.
Old 04-02-2023, 10:04 AM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default In Stock....

They're showing some kits in stock with price increases from the last time I looked. Has anyone received anything from Sig lately?
Old 04-03-2023, 04:03 PM
rkprim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had same problem trying to get a refund for a order they couldn't fill so I called Chase to dispute the charge and Chase credited the money back to my account
Old 04-03-2023, 10:59 PM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

ALWAYS use a credit card and dispute the charges if any type of fraud is involved. They run the risk of losing their credit rating with the credit card company and their fees and expenses are at risk.
This applies to all companies, not just Sig.
The following users liked this post:
J330 (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 08:57 AM
J330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Screen-Shot-2023-04-04-at-12-53-14-PM
Old 04-04-2023, 12:24 PM
J330

I'm curious with all the discussion that extended beyond a year or two already about these issues,
why didn't people acknowledge the companies troubles before suffering the same fate?

Another question, if SIG is dead to you, why do people believe SIG models are unique to a good flying experience, when Balsa USA kits are readily available?
B USA has no customer service issues, and those models fly just as well.
Balsa USA has been around for decades. The wood is of good quality, and they don't use hardly as much plywood as SIG does.
https://balsausa.com/collections/sport-planes
Free shipping, many for $152.99. I've flown the Smoothie,
Stick 40 Plus - When I resumed the hobby in 2003, it was my first trainer, beaten to death by 5 previous beginners learning how to fly at the flying field,
and it survived teaching me too, and I passed it on to the next guy as well, so that's 7 I know about. Very durable model, no matter how many times it was auger'd in.
I have a Phaeton ll now. It flies very nice, an OS Surpass 70 goes on it next.
The Moonraker looks like a very common sport plane that can be EP Power as well.
Why not support a company that isn't "moving"?

Old 04-04-2023, 12:43 PM
J330

For those guys who want an easy build for either glow or electric,
I don't think you could find an easier building kit that flies as good as this;