Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

They're back...

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

They're back...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2023, 02:02 PM
Outrider6
My Feedback: (2)

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
Default They're back...

Those of use who were builders decades ago probably remember the Dubro Kwik-Sand Hand Sander. They were/are extremely handy.

I was building something a while back, discovered that I needed a new one because I dropped mine and bent the corner, and I was unable to find any of them, anywhere at all at the time. Then I saw an ad for these in a magazine a short while back. I ordered the long and short version about 2 days ago, and received it today with the least expensive shipping option.

https://www.dubro.com/products/kwik-...39755034722388

You can order them directly, as I just did, or find them at most r/c retailers. When I run out of the sandpaper that comes with them, I always just cut new sandpaper out of a full size sheet, after I glue it on with rubber cement. I let the glue dry a while, then come back and run a razor blade down the side of the sander, to trim off from the full sheet what is now glued to the sander. I now have 3 long ones and 2 short ones, so when I need to change grits, I just pick up a different one. I will reserve my new, unbent ones for more precision work, and will be extra careful to not drop these.
Old 05-29-2023, 03:56 AM
7aso
My Feedback: (27)

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the GP's version and the Dubro. They should have never stopped making them in the first place!