Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Charger MKII - Walt Moucha (vintage bipe kit)

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Charger MKII - Walt Moucha (vintage bipe kit)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 09:30 PM
Sincraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charger MKII - Walt Moucha (vintage bipe kit)

GREETINGS COLD!
Glad to see someone is yearning to punish themselves like me.

Hmmm, I am not sure how I can help you beyond what I think might be what we need to do is get you a copy of what I have. I really think you need a copy of the stuff however all I have is the works photocopier that I can make copies in pieces. I would be happy to copy them and send them to you.

I would LOVE to know how this thing flys and would be interested in knowing how YOU did some things. I was pretty stuck on the top wing, but the bottom wing proved to be MUCH more difficult as there are some discrepancies that I can not seem to overcome...so I did my own thing. HA. Now I am a bit concerned that when I mount the wing it's going to take some serious adjustments before I dare to cover it.

Anyway, let me know what you want me to do. If you just need me to relay you info. Fine. If you want me to make actual copies, that's fine also. Just let me know. I don't think it would cost that much to send it via work either. HA.

Hey Tom, you want the copies also if I copy them for COLD?

Guess what guys. My father set me up for flying lessons in a Piper (j3?) cub. Woohoo. Hopefully I won't freak out haha. This should be really cool.

Anyway, hope to hear from you Cold and Tom. Talk to you guys soon...

S
Old 12-17-2003, 09:40 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fly that Cub over my house. At the speed those things fly, it should only take you a week to get here.

You wanna talk cold. I don't think Cubs came standard with a heater.

Glad to see ya back!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 10:50 PM
ColdBlueFire

Oh I hear that! Although if Sincraft is in PA he's probably just as frozen!

Sincraft if you could run off some copies of one half of the wing plans top and bottom at least, that would be greatly appreciated. This bird is a tough one to find info on. As for getting them here if you don't have a scanner I would gladly send you a postage paid mailing tube to ship them here if need be! I have tons of scotch tape to "recompile" the plans so there are no problems there! I remember those wings plans being a little weird on some details. At the time though I didn't have anyway to do the lay up and by the time I was ready....well the wing plans had taken flight! It would be mighty awesome to finish this one up!

Thanks for any help!!!

-ColdBlueFire

On the flip side we been flying under power for a hundred years and Rutans Spaceship One broke the sound barrier today! This decade is starting to look a little more interesting!
Old 12-18-2003, 04:33 PM
TomCrump

ColdBlueFire,Sincraft told me that they had a big temperature drop yesterday and they've had more snow than Traverse City.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:10 AM
Sincraft

Current Conditions Free Trial: 10-City Forecast and No Ads!

24°F
Light Snow Feels Like
15°F

[&o]

Welp, yup I sure will get them prep'd for you cold. Just give me some time please. It may be tomorrow or after xmas depending how much work I can get done between now and then, how busy the copier is, and IF I remember before I leave the house on a daily basis. Sigh. Busy busy busy lately. ARGH.

Ok.

So, yea it's cold...but it COULD be worse.. When it says 'feels like -10' THAT'S DAMN cold. Cold is cold, negatives however woh that just makes the house FRIGID. No matter what temp you set it at, there is always a COLLLLD breeze through this house that the rest of the ambient temp can't defeat.

Anyway guys. Take care, talk with you soon. PLEASE PM me your address cold and Tom I have yours. They will be shipped via folder as they will be photo copies don't forget, instead of rolled up plans. The biggest size we have is 11x17 I think.

S
Old 12-19-2003, 04:36 PM
TomCrump

Sounds good. It'll be just like Christmas. Oh, wait!! It is Christmas!!!