Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Pica Bucker Jungmeister: Over the Hump With This Kit

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Pica Bucker Jungmeister: Over the Hump With This Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:06 AM
virutas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pica Bucker Jungmeister: Over the Hump With This Kit

I always thought better to have the upper wing with positive incidence. In this manner the upper wing stall before than the lower. So the center of gravity is in advance of the lower wing, than the plane dive and it is easy to recover the stall. Other thing that i have heard is to put the wing that has ailerons in neutral or negative incidence to delay the stall respect the other wing and have control with ailerons. That´s not problem i have ailerons in both wings.
These things are maybe (or sure) incorrect and i hope that you correct me please.
The incidence in biplanes are complicated. The only thing that is true is that the experience show us what happens, and my experience wiht biplanes is nule (this is my firts biplane).
This is the reason why i will try what you say: 0º down and stab, -1º up and 2º motor down and right.
Thanks and sorry for my poor english!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:19 PM
dabrown

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the Jungmann and Jungmeister had more incidence in the bottom wing. The purpose was to have the bottom wing stall first to help in snap rolls. Not sure you want to try this for the reasons you mentioned, but it could be what made these planes great out of the ordinary.

Actually I found it from a Jungmann rigging manual:

"After the center section is rigged, check the angle of incidence. It should about -1.5 degress +/- 0.5 degrees. The lower wing stubs should measure about 0 degrees."

Check out www.bucker.info. Cool site.

Dave
Old 03-04-2010, 09:50 AM
av8djc
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: dabrown

I believe the Jungmann and Jungmeister had more incidence in the bottom wing. The purpose was to have the bottom wing stall first to help in snap rolls. Not sure you want to try this for the reasons you mentioned, but it could be what made these planes great out of the ordinary.

Actually I found it from a Jungmann rigging manual:

''After the center section is rigged, check the angle of incidence. It should about -1.5 degress +/- 0.5 degrees. The lower wing stubs should measure about 0 degrees.''

Check out www.bucker.info. Cool site.

Dave
To clarify what the full scale rigging manual is saying as I understand it, the lower wing and horizontal stab 0 degrees, the upper wing between -1 and -2 degrees ( which is leading edge down). I have a 55" Jungmann arf from texasrcplanes and have measured that and it is as the manual states above. It flies great. (electric setup) I also have a Dave Platt 1/4 scale Jungmeister built in about 1985 and a Pica Jungmeister partially framed up. I have the plans to these also and the plans to a Goldberg Jungmann. I'll try to pull out these plans and see what each of these recommend.