Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Lanier 35 1/2" Shrike Question

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Lanier 35 1/2" Shrike Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 06:22 PM
nomad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier 35 1/2" Shrike Question

New to RCUnicerse, so here goes,

I am building one of the shrikes. In the instructions they want the vertical stabs to be on a ten degree angle. I think this makes the kit difficult to build and cover. If I set up the vert. stabs in the zero degree vertical will it effect the flight?

Input from someone experienced would help.

Thanks, DJ
Old 12-31-2003, 10:37 AM
onytay
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Lanier 35 1/2" Shrike Question

you can cover the verticle stabilisers before you you install them on the aircraft, it should sa that in the covering section of the instructions. as far as i know setting them at 90 degrees will not affect flight.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:19 PM
vt325xi

Default RE: Lanier 35 1/2" Shrike Question

Nomad,
I also built this kit the other day and had the same question about the verticals. I was concerned that it was designed at the 10 degree for some reason but wasn't sure. I decided to install them at 90 degrees straight up. So far I think this was a good decision, I have at least 30 flights on my same sized Shrike and the thing flys awesome. Do some more searches and you'll find "upgrades" for it to make it stronger and fly better that cost little to nothing. Spruce Spars for example. I have them in mine and I try to break the wing with high G loops and dives.

Richard
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78771.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	86564