Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

dazzler

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 08:01 PM
dazz a ler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dazzler

Ive recently crashed my dazzler and i think its totaled ( by that i mean i cant repair it ) is the kit easy to build or should i buy a different kit that is just like it
Old 01-02-2004, 03:29 AM
loopnspin

Default RE: dazzler

Hi dazz a ler,

I had a Dazzler about 4 years ago and can honestly say that it is the easiest plane from kit that I have ever built. It was the third plane that I had built from a kit and I had it from the box into the air in about 3 and half weeks. The only fairly tricky part was the rounded turtle deck. Do yourself a favor and get some chalk like the instructions say and it will be quite easy. Another suggestion I might make is to mount the engine on it's side so the exhaust is pointing down to save exhaust residue on the top of the wing. I literally wore my plane out. The covering eventually lifted and the wood got soaked with fuel and that was all she wrote. I used an OS 40 FX in mine and found it to be a very good match for this plane. Good luck and have fun. The Dazzler is a really fun plane that will give you a good bang for your buck.

Jeff
Old 01-02-2004, 03:35 AM
loopnspin

Hey dazz a ler,

One last thing I forgot to mention about my Dazzler building experience is do not glue on the strips of balsa that go on top of the ribs until after you have installed the wing through the fuselage. It just ends up making it more difficult to get the wing through the fuse if you do. It is just as easy to install them after. And take your time fitting wing into the fuse also. Good luck.

Jeff
Old 01-02-2004, 07:25 AM
hnesitd1

I agree with LOOPNSPIN - very easy model to build - good tip re: the CAP STRIPS on the wing ribs. My local hobby supplier had a sale on these planes about a year ago - 2 for $120 (that is a deal in Canada). I took advantage of the sale and was glad I did.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:15 AM
bentgear

Easy to build kit and it will come out almost a pound lighter than the ARF version. You will notice the improvement in flying.
If memory serves me the only thing special you will need to build it is a long flat sanding block and a razor plane to shape the front of the wing, but you will find uses/need these on anything you build. Just study the curved turtle deck a little and follow the instructions and its no problem.

Ed M.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:40 PM
mancha

I had both, the kit is lighter and flys better, it will be better as well, if you build the rudder at least 1" bigger and increase the "V· in the elevator and build it 1/2 " bigger to compensate for the bigger cut of the "V".

with a FX .46, a 12x4 or 12.25x3.75 and the cg on the tail heavy side, you will be able to do knife edge and beautiful blenders and sort of inverted flat spins, the only con is that on windy days it will be harder to land but it is worth the changes!

happy new yeaa!