Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

LAZY ACE PLANS

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

LAZY ACE PLANS

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 10:59 AM
woody
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LAZY ACE PLANS

As many of you know Chuck Cunningham passed away this past spring. Prior to his passing he asked that I continue in his efforts of providing his plans to the RC community. Recently the Cunningham family transfered Sky Master Ind plan to me. If anyone is interested in the Lazy Ace series plans or any of the other Cunningham designs please contact me at : [email protected]
Woody
Old 03-10-2016, 05:26 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by woody
As many of you know Chuck Cunningham passed away this past spring. Prior to his passing he asked that I continue in his efforts of providing his plans to the RC community. Recently the Cunningham family transfered Sky Master Ind plan to me. If anyone is interested in the Lazy Ace series plans or any of the other Cunningham designs please contact me at : [email protected]
Woody

Anyone know if Woody is still distributing plans for all of Chuck's Lazy Ace's, sent him an email haven't got an answer...........

I would prefer prints from the original masters instead of e-bay rip offs that have skips or distortions in them, been there done that
on a set of Bud Nosen plans

Bill D.

Last edited by Bill Diedrich; 03-10-2016 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:42 AM
pd1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If no luck with Woody, you can try this place, all downloads are free and you don't have to register.
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/
Old 03-10-2016, 07:10 AM
Bill Diedrich

Yes I do know of that one, also looking for the 120" giant version. I may have to have the 96" set I have
enlarged to get the 120" if I have no luck with Woody!
Old 03-11-2016, 07:56 PM
ratshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! A 16 year old zombie thread. You might try contacting him the field he flies at. Here is a link. I haven't flown there since before last spring when the lake flooded and closed the field for most of the summer.

http://www.fwthunderbirds.org/

It shows Woody's new email as [email protected]

Hope this helps.

Last edited by ratshooter; 03-11-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:25 AM
Bill Diedrich

Well it seems that the Woody is no longer selling Chuck's plans, can't say I blame him, as these e-bay rip-off artists
have no values at all when it comes to taking other peoples property and infringing on copy rights. Most of the time
and I have been bitten twice, they are either distorted copies (unusable for building from) or have gaps in the plans
like they have been enlarged from a magazine article. Wanted the 84" version for the symmetrical wings, guess have to
get it from Outerzone. Anyone know where one might find a copy of the 120" version?

Bill D.

Last edited by Bill Diedrich; 03-14-2016 at 04:27 AM.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:06 PM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Bill, did I understand that you have the original 76" Lazy Ace plans from Chuck Cunningham available ? Years ago (1980) I borrowed a friend plans and I traced them in the drafting section where I worked. Later when assigned to Germany I build my first Lazy Ace. It was a great flying airplane. When the top wing came off & crashed the first I built another one. I use the plans to modify to look like the Balsa USA Dejager with Weber 90. Here are some pictures.

I sold the Dejager a couple year ago at a swap meet.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DeJager 11.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	2152612   Click image for larger version

Name:	DeJager 2x.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	2152613   Click image for larger version

Name:	DeJager 3.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	2152614  

Last edited by jwrich; 03-14-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:37 AM
Bill Diedrich

Ah the Der Jager, another one of my favorites, have a short kit of the Balsa USA 3rd scale from
Lazer-Works waiting in the wings, just have to order the glass parts from Fiberglass Specialties,
already have the landing gear done from TNT Products.

In regards to the 76" span Lazy Ace, yes I do have a copy of the plans that I bought from RCM Plans
Service a few years ago, was lucky enough to get them as I know others that were ordering plans were
having a problem getting them. I went to http://www.outerzone.co.uk/ and I see that they list all of the
Lazy Ace plans, the 76", 84" & 96" versions, while I was there I down loaded them all along with the
RCM article, can't seem to put my hands on the article copy that came with the plans.

I may order the short kit for the 76" Lazy Ace from Eddy @ Lazer-Works, as that is where I get most
of my laser cutting done and I see he is listing the short kit already. Laser Design Services is showing
short kits for the other 2 Lazy Aces, the 84" & 96", so it looks like I could save a bit of time cutting out
parts, but there is no more satisfaction greater than cutting one own and building from that, and the
Lazy Aces look like an easy cut and build project.

Bill D.

http://outerzone.co.uk/search/result...+Ace&Submit=Go