Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

GP Ultimate Bipe Questions

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

GP Ultimate Bipe Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 07:42 PM
Gdolboy3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Ultimate Bipe Questions

My main question is has anyone set their Ultimate up with Pull Pull Rudder AND Elevator. Pull Pull Rudder isn't a big deal, I'm pretty sure I can handle that, but if anyone has done a pull pull elevator, I'm interested in thier methods or suggestions for routing the wire.

Other question is what do you guys think about running a Magnum .52 Four Stroke. I've seen alot of people showing thiers with 70 sized Frou Strokes. Performance wise I don't really need or want unlimited verticle performance. I want it to be too fast or too heavy. Just a good flying sport biplane for calm sunday afternoons.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Spad_man
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: GP Ultimate Bipe Questions

I had a 52 FS in mine. Not much fun to fly. Read the product review on RCU, you will see the same thing, not enough power.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Redback

Agree with SPAD_MAN, Magnum 52 is not enough grunt for the GP Ultimate.

I've built two, had a Saito 65 in the first and have an OS 46Fx in the current one. Neither was overpowered. I have a Magnum 52 in a small Great Lakes bipe and would not consider it up to hauling the Ultimate.

Can help with the pull/pull question though.

Terry
Old 11-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Spad_man
My Feedback: (8)

One more thing about GP Ultimate, make very sure that the top and bottom wings are in line thru the wing cord (look from the side). The rear strut comes out to low or high this can big a big problem.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:33 PM
ksechler

I used a pull-pull on my rudder and the routing is pretty simple. Just remember to mount the rudder servo in the center of the fuselage. I didn't bother with a pull-pull on the elevator, but I did use a split rod (one for each elevator half).

For power, at a minimum I would suggest a .50 2-stroke or a .65 4-stroke. It is afterall an aerobatic plane and the kit does have a tendancy to build heavy. Mine is powered with a .61 2-stroke, and yes, it does have unlimited vertical.

This is really a fantastic flying airplane. It is fully aerobatic, but lands fairly slowly. Just keep some power on because there is a lot of drag.