Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sig Hog Bipe parts ??

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sig Hog Bipe parts ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 02:53 AM
bobo_54501
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Hog Bipe parts ??

I just picked up a Sig Hog Bipe kit at a Swap Meet .. It was missing the instruction book and also noticed it was missing the top aluminom wing mounting brackets .. .Can you order these parts from Sig ?? I went to their web site and dont I see any area for just parts ..Any body got another partial kit they want to get rid of ??
Anybody got any building tips on these ?? I have 2 Super Tigre engines .1 is a G 61 and my other is a G 75 .I dont want to burn the sky up with this plane Just mild acrobatics . Should I just go with the 61 ??
Thanks for any info !!
Old 11-18-2004, 06:20 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: Sig Hog Bipe parts ??

I have the same problem, sort of. I'm scratch building a Kadet Jr, using the plan sheet and instruction book. I found, however the rudder and elevator are custom made by Sig for the plane. You can contact Sig directly and ask about the parts, as they don't list them for anything, it seems. To contact them by E-mail, their address is [email protected]. Hope that helps
Old 11-18-2004, 10:06 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Hydro Junkie, contact SIG directly. I was in the market for a biplane over a year ago, and wanted to review the instruction booklets before I bought one. I called SIG and they sent me a copy. It did cost me about $5, but it was what I wanted. As it turned out I ended up buying the hog bipe, just haven't built it yet. I would bet the same on parts as well. They don't always show all that is avialable through the website.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:48 PM
badger5964
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bobo,

Just rebuilt a hog bipe by buying a second kit. I may have a manual left over from first build. The aluminium struts could easily be bent with just a vise. If you can't order from Sig let me know maybe I could help you.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Go with the 75, the hog like most Bipes has A lot of drag, the 75 won't over power this plane.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:56 AM
bobo_54501
My Feedback: (19)

Thanks alot guys . I sent them an email ..Ill post the results when I get an answer . I was thinking about bending a set but was afraid ild goof it up with out an example . I guess with proper parts the wings are self aligning and i like that being my first bipe and only my 5th kit .From what ive heard this is a sweet plane . Ive got the Astro Hog low winger and love it . Great plane to relax with or get a little crazy with .
Old 11-19-2004, 12:35 PM
chris_in_montreal
My Feedback: (1)

I was looking at biplane kits recently and saw that great hobbies in PEI (canada) has some parts listed for the hog bipe. Check out the link:

http://www.greathobbies.com

and do a search for "hog bip" to come up with what i found.