Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Goldberg Eaglet 50

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Goldberg Eaglet 50

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 10:54 PM
FrancisPerson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg Eaglet 50

I plan to get a Goldberg Eaglet 50 for a kick around plane. Is it a 4 channel plane or will I have to modify it?

How does it fly with a strong .15?

Francis
Old 11-28-2004, 08:56 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Eaglet 50

I looked at Goldberg's website, and it lists the Eaglet as a 3-channel plane, yet it also lists Recommended Aileron throws. I was going to D/L the manual, but they want $4.95 to do so. What a rip off!

In any case, a .15 may be too small for it anyway. But have a look at the Sig Wonder. That thing is Dynamite with a 15
Old 11-28-2004, 11:29 AM
DaveB

The Goldberg Eaglet can be built with or without ailerons, i.e. 3 or 4 channel. The instruction manual guides the builder through the process. Basically the wing is build with more dihedral for the 3 channel (non aileron) version.

DaveB
Old 11-28-2004, 02:19 PM
wilinfla
My Feedback: (5)

The Eaglet should fly fine with a good 15 in it. I learned to fly on one with an old OS FP20 and it had more than enough power. Dave is correct, it can be built as a 3 or 4 channel, definietly build it with ailerons. I had mine for a couple of years before I gave it to someone else to learn on and he solo'd on it as well. I lost track of it after that, hopefully it taught a few more people!

Will
Old 11-28-2004, 09:00 PM
FrancisPerson

Thanks,

Guys for the info. I will build the 4 chan version. My FOX .15 (converted to diesel) turns a apc 9x5 at 12,000 rpm, hope that is enough. All this plane has to do is sit and wait in the back of my car until I drive past a flying field.

Will report when finished.

Francis