Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Goldburg ultimate landing gear

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Goldburg ultimate landing gear

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 09:39 PM
streetrodder
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldburg ultimate landing gear

I'm building a goldburg ultimate 10-300 60 sized, I think the main landing gear is flimsy what are you guys using for replacement ? Thanks Dale
Old 12-13-2004, 10:33 PM
plasticjoe
My Feedback: (22)

Default RE: Goldburg ultimate landing gear

I ditched the flimsey wire, and got a set of aluminum. Not sure what brand, just eyeballed them at the LHS and went with those. They seem fine to me, not fallen off or broken LOL yet that is Has anyone anodized or powdercoated a set of gear ? I have been curious about that. I like color other than the aluminum look. Here's my bipe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83446.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	202667  
Old 12-13-2004, 11:13 PM
Agman29
My Feedback: (4)

I always wondered why Goldberg kept putting that crummy wire landing gear in their kits. I have an ARF and it came with alum. gear, and it even has a place to mount it.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:25 PM
flipstart

Have not powder coated a set of aluminum gear but I did wipe mine down with vinegar, primed with special aluminum primer and sprayed with rustoleum gloss white and they have held up fairly well. Flipstart
Old 12-14-2004, 12:05 PM
donkey doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello; I have a set of aluminum gear that a friend of mine (Bob Stoval) bent up for me. I think he charged me $12 for it. I'm sure your local hobby shop will have access to lots of after market types available, or will order in what you want. I screw my gear into a piece of aluminum I epoxied inside the fuse around teh fuel tank that Bob threw in (and recommended) with the gear. Works great, problem solved.