Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Marutaka B25

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Marutaka B25

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 01:54 AM
z06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marutaka B25

Just getting started building B25. Not much for instrutions. Anyone got any advise?
Old 12-14-2004, 07:40 AM
TankHunter
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Marutaka B25

nice i started their stuka about one year back GREAT KIT jus the only help i have is SAND SAND SAND SAND x1000000000000000000

serously usually the instructions are copied onto the palns around the sub assembly. hoped that helped good luck and post many pics.

TANK
Old 12-14-2004, 10:30 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I built a Maratuka kit once...

ONCE!

I remember it well...

Step 1 - Build the wing

Step 2 - Build the Fuse

Step 3 - Build the tail

Etc.

One good thing about them - You'll get a lot of really good building experience, and you'll really learn how to improvise.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:50 PM
saramos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have several Royal and Marutaka kits waiting to be built. The instructions are very general and I felt that I should first build several kits with more in depth instructions. I built a SIG sport kit and am currently building a Top Flight Spit. I will also do a Top Flight kit before moving on to the Royal and Marutaka kits. I could probably do the kits now, but since they are no longer being made, and I already have a second TF kit waiting, it made sense to wait.

Scott

The best description I've heard about Royal kits was: The kit includes plans (2 sheets), instructions (1 sheet, typed, double spaced), and 1 balsa log.

The best description I've heard about the instructions in the Royal kits was: Glue blocks A, B and C together, sand to shape. Glue blocks D, E and F together, sand to shape. Glue blocks G, H and I together, sand to shape. Glue blocks J, K and L together, sand to shape. . .
Old 12-14-2004, 05:47 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I built the F8F Bearcat and it may have been the only kit that wasn't a block that needed to be sanded...although it was a LOT of stripping to get the round fuselage. I have the Skymaster and Staggerwing in the pile, maybe someday. I may have to take a hard look at getting the B-25 before they are all gone.

BTW: In case you haven't heard, Maratuka is no longer in business and HobbyBarn has already sold out most of their stock.

The Royal/Maratuka kits are now officially ebay bait

Oh well
Don
Old 12-14-2004, 10:17 PM
khodges

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

just glue all the wood together and carve away everything that doesn't look like a B-25. That's how the P-38 I have looks like it was built.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:35 PM
TankHunter

POST PICS
TANK