Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Wing has a tiny bit of play

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Wing has a tiny bit of play

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 09:39 PM
bryris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing has a tiny bit of play

Last night, I was finalizing the details on the wing of my LT-40. I then laid it on top of the fuse to see how tightly it fit. Its pretty close, however, with it perfectly centered, it has a tiny bit of wobble in it as it lays on top of the fuse. Its the same wobble you'd get if a chair was missing a foot. For example, if I push down on the rear right corner, the left front raises up just a tad. The rear left/ front right combination is tight as a drum.

The play, in my estimation, is about 1-2mm or so. Its not bad at all. But my "ANAL" siren is blasting telling me that it should fit perfectly snug. The airplane is not covered yet, it will be soon, and I have not painted it with the fuel proof dope yet. These things might fill in some gaps and make it tighter.

Also, once I get the rubber bands on, the downward force of the bands, might be enough to "flatten" out the wing and make it perfect.

Based on my description, should this little bit of play be of concern?

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:10 AM
cmoore806
My Feedback: (82)

Default RE: Wing has a tiny bit of play

I doubt there should be any concern as soon as you mount it with the rubber bands. Put the 14 or so bands on there and it wont move.

Chris
Old 12-17-2004, 06:27 AM
Irish R.Seer
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Wing has a tiny bit of play

Put some wing seating tape, 1/8" thick, on the fuse. That will stop the "shakes".
Bill