Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

First Bipe Kit

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

First Bipe Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 07:37 PM
rightflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Bipe Kit

I wanted to build a biplane, but my kit building is still pretty limited. Only a trainer, Wasp, and a Something Extra. I was considering a GP Ultimate, Hog Bipe, GP Skybolt to name a few. Any suggestions or preferences?
Old 12-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Redback

Default RE: First Bipe Kit

I have built a couple of GP Ultimates. If you have built an SE you should not have a problem building.

Terry
Old 12-21-2004, 12:07 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is JMO but I love the looks of the Sky Bolt but think maybe the Ultimate is easier to build, they are both great flying planes so if I got either kit for Xmas I would be happy.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:22 AM
Sense963
My Feedback: (10)

Might as well round out the field. I love the Hog....and it's the most fun flying plane I've ever had. With an OS91, I get great performance and absolutely wear it out. As an aside, a buddy of mine is almost finished with his, and it's his first balsa kit. With some patience, you end up with a gorgeous aircraft.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:07 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My second kit was a GP ultimate. Was not to difficult. Its also a great flying model. From what I have read the skybolt is a very nice plane but is a difficult build.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:26 AM
ksechler

You can't go wrong with the Ultimate. Just try to keep it light and give it lots of power. I have had one for about 6 months now. I love it. The best advice I can give you, though, is choose your color scheme so that it is bright. With two wings it is a lot harder to tell what the plane is doing. I covered mine in with purple monokote and almost destroyed it because it was so hard to stay oriented. I ended up putting three big white stripes on the top wing and now it's a lot easier to fly.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:17 AM
Primodus
My Feedback: (56)

Here is a recent post on the very same subject. Maybe it will shed some light for you as well.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Firs...2385906/tm.htm