Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Four Star 60 Kit: what tools are needed?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Four Star 60 Kit: what tools are needed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 08:56 PM
fun_fly_3D
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Four Star 60 Kit: what tools are needed?

Guys,

Just wandering if any of you out there have built a 4* 60 and if so, what tool you found very helpful and time-saving. (please include approx. pricing on each). Thanks for any and all of your input. feel free to ask questions regarding the building process and/ or any things you would change about it (reforcements, increasing control surface chord, etc.) as this is something a lot of us will probably be wondering and/or experiencing. I absolutely welcome all information on this kit as I am building one myself and want to do it fairly quickly but still do a quality job and not cut any cornors.

now I have rambled enough!!

Brian
Old 12-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Taildrager-inactive
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Four Star 60 Kit: what tools are needed?

If you use the search on four star you will find a wealth of info as they all build very much alike.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:36 PM
EVOL
My Feedback: (2)

basic modeling tools like screwdrivers, a small saw, sanding tools, lots of CA glue, X-Acto knife with lots of blades, a flat building surface, metal pins, a dremmel is very helpfull but not manditory.......ext. you can do a search for the 4 star on the web and some sites have a copy of the instruction manual you can download. the manual has a list of everything you will need to complete the plane.

the four star models are laser cut and goes together very nice with little need for sanding or cutting to make peices fit. if you follow the instructions you will have a good plane. i have not found any weakness yet and i have flown mine at least 50 times. a lot of people (including myself) add different styles to thier 4 stars. it is a great base kit to turn into whatever you want.

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/1...cropduster.jpg
Old 12-22-2004, 10:48 PM
fun_fly_3D

alright, so figuring one might want to build for six or seven hours a day, following instructions, 9 only reinforcing bulh-head benind wing and landing gear), how long would the kit take to be flight ready. is it possible to do it from christmas to new years day. (club "frozen finger" fun fly). just wondering

BRIAN
Old 12-23-2004, 02:06 PM
kerrydel
My Feedback: (2)

At that pace I'm sure that you will have the airframe complete. But, it takes a while to add the covering though. Especially if you are new to it.

Kerry
Old 12-23-2004, 03:26 PM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could it be built ready to fly with 6 hours building time per day from X-mas to New Years? Yeah, I could, but I have built several hundred planes - three of which are the 4 Star 60 - I have all the tools and stuff needed - wouldn't have to run out for parts. If you absolutely have to have one built in that time, get the ARF version. It is a sweet plane - I am going to build another this winter - for night flying. Should be fun. This is a nice flying aircraft - I recommend it as a trainer.

Dan
Old 12-26-2004, 12:10 AM
fun_fly_3D

I just got my four star for Christmas! started building. I could not have been happier!!!!

Thanks for the help guys. You're GREAT!!

Merry Christmas, happy Honnikka, ETC...

Brian