Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

no snickering...

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

no snickering...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 01:00 PM
khlash
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no snickering...

I'm awaiting my Great Planes Pete n Poke kit. Anyone else do one of these? Hey at least its not another cap!!!

Khlash
Old 04-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: no snickering...

Parasol wing planes are usually great fliers. One thing you must make sure of - make sure the incidence is set correctly or you will have problems.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Bruno Stachel
My Feedback: (4)

No snickering here. I've seen two at my field. One was built by a well respected modeler/flier at our field. His Pete N Poke was fun to watch. I'm sure it was one of his favorites. Another member recently completed one. He is relatively new to the hobby; and did a very good job on his.

Here is a thread you might want to see:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...tm.htm#1020388

Try a search, there are more threads.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:10 PM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

in the choice of my first build i was down to the pete n poke and the ultra sport 40 plus. the only thing that swayed me was i wanted to get a more aerobatic plane and put a four stroke on it. i didnt think i could do what i wanted with the pete n poke. but it looked like an awesome plane that would be a hoot to fly and easy to build.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:09 PM
DaveB

I built the "Poke" and I am pleased with the results. I powered mine with the OS-52 4-stroke and it is a good match for the plane.
Take a look at the thread referenced by Bruno for additional tips. If you do decide to build the "Poke" just make sure you add support to the wing struts with tooth picks or something similar. Again, read the "Poke" threads and you will get a good idea what needs attention.

It is a good flyer and a lot of fun. I recommend it.

DaveB
Old 04-09-2005, 12:13 PM
inverted flyer

I don't know why some people dislike the poke. It's a very pretty plane in the same way that the original porsche 911 was a very pretty sports car.
I think there is a preference with some people for macho or bad ass planes, and sure, the poke won't hold it's own in those stakes.

But it's quite original and authentic and it cuts a dash where everyone else has more of the same - low and mid wing aerobats that are all the same to look at.

I havent built mine yet and will either put my 56 saito in it or more probably go with brushless electric power for more power and a lower AUW. (Have you noticed how all the top aerobatic competitors are going electric lately - for me, glow's days are numbered)

I think the poke is a great looker and all reports are that she flies very nicely too

(I heard it said that you need a slightly higher pitch prop than recommended to get her fly well, but that probably depends on how heavy you build)

good luck with yours
I.F.