Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Kit for YS 120 FZ ?!

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Kit for YS 120 FZ ?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 07:18 PM
IowaSilvia
My Feedback: (97)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kit for YS 120 FZ ?!

I've got a 120fz looking for a home and thought I'd get a kit for it. I was on Towers site and the kit selection sux.

Does anyone know of some great kits that would be good for a YS 120? Must be 3D able and in the 8-10.5lb range. All opinions are accepted. I don't care.

I was thinking about a Funtana 90, but everyone has em. I still might go with it but would like to build something.

Thanks

I also posted this in the 3D section, but put it here since it is the kit section.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:53 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Kit for YS 120 FZ ?!

They are out of production, but you can still find them. Great Planes Ultra Sport 1000. IMHO one of the best flying planes ever. A great match for the 120. There have been a few for sale here on RCU recently, but I don't know if they sold. If you can find one you will be rewarded with a plane you will be deeply in love with!!!

Just my 02ΒΆ worth
Old 04-07-2005, 08:39 PM
rayb
My Feedback: (13)

You might try a Goldberg Ultimate kit.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:57 AM
MrSteve09

Dear IowaSilvia,...

You are looking for a 120 size kit and one suggestion was a Goldberg Ultimate. Well,... I was thinking Glodberg too; however I was think more along the lines of a Sukhoi!!

The Goldberg Sukhoi is a 72 inch plane and should weight less than ten pounds if you watch your weight on the wood and such.

That's just my suggestion, for what its worth. I built one but never finished it. Actually started covering but got on to other projects. A Saito 150 was bolted to the front of mine; therefore I believe your YS 120FZ would even better on a Goldberg Sukhoi.

Signed,
Steve T.
Monson, Massachusetts
Old 04-09-2005, 10:03 AM
IowaSilvia
My Feedback: (97)

MrSteve: Thanks for suggestion. I have a CG Sukhoi in the same stage as you. It is complete and partially covered, but started other projects. I think it will be a tad too heavy for 3D type flying. My kit is the older one that was die cut and plastic cowl, belly pan. I still might put that ys120 on it though. Still deciding. Thanks