Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Just finished my SE

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Just finished my SE

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 05:58 AM
RCer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just finished my SE

Hello All

It seems like everyone is finishing a SE at the moment. Here i mine just finished. I just need to attach the antenna to the vertical fin. I opted for an alternative antenna routing. I have a Saito 56 up front. This is also my first attempt to paint a pilot. It is difficult to tell from the images but the black trimming has a carbon look.

A friend of my have a sticker plotter. I plan to get my membership number OY-8408 printend on the side of the fuselage.

/RCer

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66557.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	256414   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43897.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	256415   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14249.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	256416  
Old 04-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Shovel-Head
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Just finished my SE

Looks good, I like the black and yellow scheme. The SE is a great plane. I'v been flying my ARF for the past 3 years and still have not got bored with it!
Old 04-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Connery

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great! What does the bottom look like? Hopefully you made it all black, or at least some large black stripes for contrast so you can tell top from bottom with it in the air. Good luck on the maiden.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:27 AM
RCer

The bottom is all yellow. Hope it will be visible enough.

/RCer.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Connery

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In that case, I would take some of the black you have left and put a few wide stripes from the front to the rear of the wing all the way across the width of the wing.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:02 PM
epoxy123

Great looking plane!!!

Flew mine last week for the first time. Make sure your landing gear is secure, doesn't take much for it to break loose if built as per the kit. I had a fast - flat landing (not hard at all) on grass (some divits) and the gear loosened up from the fuse.
Add some tri-stock on the inside or add hard wood to make it more secure.
Also, make sure the CG is within tolerences, it needed lots of weight on the nose even with the battery under the fuel tank. I have a Magnum 52 and plan to move it up on the mount.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:17 PM
rspiegel
My Feedback: (6)

The cg can be hard to find a good spot but I found that an aft cg is not bad but start on spec. I have the Magnum 52 (11x7 apc right now) on mine and it is the best motor so far. I have had a 46fx,and mds 58. Both fly it good. I put the 52 in the 46 spot and did not move a thing. I hate this plane. Bought it with 2 servos for 80 buck shipped to my house and almost all built. Crashed it 2-3 times bad and seems to get glued back to getther I must have 1lb of glue and wood in it and still flys so great can not give it away. Lands so slow and gentle. But will snap roll with the best of them. And easy to get out of trouble. Great plane just wont hall ***** or do a knife edge. But hope my GP Ultimate does just as good. Hope that helps . Out's
Old 04-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just finished getting mine back together, I bought it used and it's my first ARF. If the weather permits I have three planes I want to test fly this weekend. My little 60 size Aeromaster that I have been doing trim work to and my old Kaos, just got my engine for it back from the shop. You really do want to add some stripes or something to the bottom of the wing because the Extra can confuse your brain in A hurry. My little Extra had A mind numbing spin rate and without the stripe I would have been lost A lot of the time. Your going to love that plane, Great covering job.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81088.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	257596   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84235.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	257597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72317.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	257598  
Old 04-21-2005, 04:48 PM
kiswa
My Feedback: (4)

Seeing as how you've just done this plane, do you think you could provide me with the 2 view line drawings? I'd like to get one in the future, and it would be nice to have the 2 view to work on covering schemes.

Thanks!