Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Fuel filling valve

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Fuel filling valve

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 09:12 PM
RC Stout
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel filling valve

I'm building a Sig Kadet Senior, I'm almost to the point of covering, my fuel tank is already installed,but I want to add a GP Easy Fueler Fuel Filling valve. Is there a special location that the filler valve should be installed, can it be installed below the fuel tank level?

Thanks Royal Stout
Old 04-12-2005, 07:27 AM
SERAFIM

Default RE: Fuel filling valve

Hi,

There's really no problem with installing the valve wherever you want. It might be best for it to be at the same level as the centerline of the tank, but I dont think it's very important. I think the most important thing is to make sure that the total length of your fuel tubing is as short as possible.

Serafim
Old 04-12-2005, 08:21 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 3 of these installed in different models and I have not found any problems regarding location of the valve compared to the tank. All mine are below the bottom of the tank. As SERAFIM said try to keeps the fuel lines as short as possible though.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:06 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Unless you plan to cowl in the engine, you could just keep things simple and run the line directly from the tank to the carb (with or without a filter is the subject of great debate). I've got a couple planes with filler valves, a couple with 3 line setups, and one with an open engine so the fuel line goes directly to the carb. The filler valves have given me no trouble, and I like the convenience of being able to just plug the fill line into the recepticle when filling. However, I am moving toward fuel dots with 3 line setups instead. My main reason is I think it's better to minimize any possible problems between the tank and the engine.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The filler seems to be OK as long as you use the plane through out the year but if you let them sit around all winter the O-ring tends to dry out and problems then start to happen. I have had one stick in the fill position and another one with the filler end stuck and couldn't get it out.
Like Piper, I went to making up just three line tanks and I make my own dot system now days. If it's an open engine I just go direct to the line and fill with A catch can on the pressure line. Just keeping it simple.