Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Balsa USA or SIG

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Balsa USA or SIG

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 08:06 PM
snappinjim
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balsa USA or SIG

Need some help deciding. Want to build my 1st 1/4 scale. Looking at the 1/4 scale Cub from Balsa USA or Sigs 1/4 scale. Need pro's and con's of each. Thanks FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 08:24 PM
WacoNut

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: Balsa USA or SIG

Hi Jim,
I can only speak about the Sig that I am building, it is a very good kit but it is a builders kit. It takes alot of work to complete the plane. I hear the BUSA is more scale, maybe someone else can chime in on that.
As you can see from my build thread the Sig makes a nice looking Cub and with all the tips on Cubman's website you can make some easy changes that really help the scale appearance of the Cub. At this point I have about 200hrs invested in the Cub and I am almost ready for paint.
If you have a handfull of kits under your belt the Sig Cub should not be a problem to build!!
Later!!
Anthony
Old 04-12-2005, 10:36 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Balsa USA or SIG

It comes down to: are you a Ford or Chevy fan?. I've built the Sig 1/5 Cub, and have the BUSA 1/4 Cub to build. There are differences in wing attachment and some structural details, but both are great kits. I sort of lean to Sig, though, can't really say why. I agree with WWIINUT, check out his thread, a great looking plane.