Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

HELP! I need a tip for constructing Dynaflite Fly Baby Wing?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

HELP! I need a tip for constructing Dynaflite Fly Baby Wing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 02:11 PM
mafew2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! I need a tip for constructing Dynaflite Fly Baby Wing?

I am building a Dynaflite Fly Baby Kit, which has been discontinued, and I'm having trouble with the wing tip construction described in the manual (step 12, on page 11--the page should be attached as PDF). The two main spars have to be squeezed against the wing tip assembly. The two main spars when squeezed against the wing tip assembly form a wing spar/shear web construction. Also, the wing tip has to be at a specified height, supported by a shim.

I figure it takes two hands to hold the spars in place, one hand to hold the tip so it is even with the shim and one hand to glue the pieces together. Since I'm all out of hands by the time I'm holding the spars in place and help is not close by, I'm seeking advice on a better method from someone who has built this model before. Thanks in advance for any advice on a better technique for completing this step.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Tr51269.pdf (25.2 KB, 117 views)
File Type: pdf
Om33504.pdf (25.2 KB, 90 views)
Old 05-30-2005, 07:43 PM
lownslo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP! I need a tip for constructing Dynaflite Fly Baby Wing?

Hello...... I see you are just north of me. I am on the east side if Indy. I built my Fly Baby this past winter and I remember the step you are refering to but don't remember exactly how I did it. If my old memory serves me a little.... I made some small wedges to force the bottom spar UP into position for glueing. Cut 2 small wedges and come in from the front with one, and the back with the other. Balance the pressure so the spar doesn't "twist". I for the life of me can't remember how I held the rest of the wing down, againest the up-force of the wedges. (Weights I guess). I wish my membory was better.[] I installed some hard points in the tail feathersfor flying wires, and also for control surface horns all over. Note in photo ... aileron is not like the plans. I read another guy's build and he suggested this way. The plans type seemed to twist. (he said....). I have a supply of pictures while building and some text too. I was going to write an article on the build. I did not finish it but some info may be helpful. Let me know if you are interested. ....lownslo..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88315.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	278392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy77837.jpg
Views:	1004
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	278393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx63246.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	57.1 KB