Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sukhoi SU-26 MX build

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sukhoi SU-26 MX build

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:43 AM
raydar

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Sukhoi SU-26 MX build

All good info boys. My intentionswere to set the dle 30 so the hub is at the stock position also, the first picture in post 355 shows myself having a look to see how far back the dle 30 carb goes into the firewall, nice to get some info that shows that this plane can balance without a pound of lead in this position.

Bigal126 thats some nice work there, I had looked at your build a few months ago and was impressed with the wing conversion and modded tail, minewillbe built more to plan with just the odd easy modification for performance, ifits to much work to deviate from plan then I probably wont.How much extra tail surface did you add and was it needed? I just built my elevators and added 1/2 inchto them, looks like plenty control surface for a 30cc size model.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50313.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1755240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17287.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	1755241  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:46 PM
bigal126
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sukhoi SU-26 MX build

I added 1/2" to the elevators also. I think I added about 3/4" to the rudder. With the 78" wing span (split wings) I decided to make all the surfaces slightly larger in order to keep things closer to the original proportions. All I can say is that the plane flies awesome, has a roll rate that's really too much for me and the plane can do moderate 3D (at least my friend can 3D it). Pop tops are very good too. The rudder has plenty of authority and the plane flies very straight with just a little rudder coupling. I did however drop the stablizer down. It sits under the top of the fuse (in the cut out area) which I think may have made the flying characteristics a little more neutral.