Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

TomTit 52" help with C of G balance point please . .

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

TomTit 52" help with C of G balance point please . .

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 04:59 AM
siddus74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TomTit 52" help with C of G balance point please . .

Hi guys,

Purchased an acrowat in mint condition cheap money not so long ago, and the guy through in an old vintage bipethat I love more than the acro . . .

The vintage bipe which is 52" windspan model and I think it is called called a 'Tomtit' is a good 10 years old so I have fixed her up and installed the radio gear etc but I do not know where the C of G should be?

Does anyone have a model the same as this that would be able to supply me this information?

Or is there a way to work it out prior to the first flight? The wings are identical top and bottom but are staggered . . .

Any help would be great . . .

I'll post a picture later
Old 01-16-2006, 08:45 AM
tashley
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: TomTit 52" help with C of G balance point please . .

Finding the proper cg for a bipe is kinda weird science but [link=http://rcudev.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1565275/anchors_1571868/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#1571868]here's [/link] a link that might give you some insight.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:24 AM
siddus74

Default RE: TomTit 52" help with C of G balance point please . .

ORIGINAL: tashley

Finding the proper cg for a bipe is kinda weird science but [link=http://rcudev.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1565275/anchors_1571868/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#1571868]here's [/link] a link that might give you some insight.
many thanks for your adivice, I shall take a look when I have a spare half an hour as the post is very long . . .