Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Close Post please..

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Close Post please..

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 02:05 AM
T45WingNut
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Close Post please..

Hello all Who in the US sell Aerotech kits???
Old 12-10-2002, 12:37 AM
Holeshot

Here ya go:

http://www.aerotechmodels.com/

http://www.aerotechmodels.com/complete.htm

http://www.modellflygplan.nu/aerotech_international.htm
Old 12-10-2002, 12:44 AM
Holeshot

"Big Beautiful Doll".................indeed!!!

something about those P51s!!!

from....

http://www.aerotechmodels.com/complete.htm
Old 12-10-2002, 12:56 AM
Holeshot

check out this cockpit!!! i guess if you buy a $3000 model you may as well spend a little more on detailing options.

the sliding canopy frame...

billet aluminum wheels!!!

Old 12-10-2002, 07:20 AM
jcflysrc
My Feedback: (50)

Beautiful thing.....
Old 12-10-2002, 04:20 PM
G.F. Reid

Unless...MAYBE he's talking about the Aerotech International kits?
http://www.atimanufacturing.co.uk/Pr...B2/WrBrds.html
http://www.atimanufacturing.co.uk/
Old 12-10-2002, 10:51 PM
HarryC

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally posted by G.F. Reid
Unless...MAYBE he's talking about the Aerotech International kits?
http://www.atimanufacturing.co.uk/Pr...B2/WrBrds.html
http://www.atimanufacturing.co.uk/
Don't go anywhere near that particular firm or their kits.

Harry
Old 12-11-2002, 10:15 AM
G.F. Reid

Why is that Harry? I know little about them except what I've seen in the Hobby Shops and the one Dh Mosquito I saw at the field. In both cases, they looked good.
What's the problem with their stuff?
Old 12-11-2002, 03:56 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one of their Sea Fury's sitting in my closet. Initial fitting of parts shows it should go together very nicely. The presheeted parts looked very good. I saw one at the flying field and it too looked good.

I read a web site a few years ago that a hobby shop put up talking about all of the grief they went through trying to get stock that they bought at a trade show. I do not know if they every received anything. The web site made the manuf sound very shady.

Aside from all of that, I'm looking forward to building my kit at some point in the future.

John
Old 12-11-2002, 07:22 PM
HarryC

The Aerotech-UK from ATI has long had a horrendous reputation. UK shops will not stock them. They have never got reviewed in the mags because none of the review kits could be completed, or if they could they were unflyable. The parts don't fit by a big margin, parts are missing, if you can get in touch with the firm they will promise to send replacements for missing parts but never do, and so on. A few years back my LHS got a few and asked friends to build a couple to hang up for display - they were never done because they could not be completed. Aerotech has a big stand at every UK model show yet I have never seen anyone flying their models - even Aerotech never fly their models at the trade shows! Two years ago 2 friends bought their sports model, I didn't see them fly but I did ask about them and both had problems getting parts to fit, both models survived a few flights before handling problems destroyed them. Their profile models are ok but avoid the "real" models, the majority are lemons.

H
Old 12-11-2002, 07:58 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

I guess the Sea Fury is the exception from the norm. Like I said, preliminary fit check showed relatively good fit. The one I saw at the field was reported to fly quite nicely. The owner said it was really just a sport model shaped to look like a Sea Fury. The only thing missing from my kit was the center page of the instruction manual. With the fuse being a simple balsa box with top and bottom foam pieces, this will not be an issue.

With all of this bad talk, I can't wait to get started on mine!

John
Old 12-12-2002, 02:15 AM
T45WingNut

Default Kits..

Thanks for al the info guys.. seam every time i ask about this kit it starts some thing one here...lol.. i just keep looking for what i want state side..
Old 12-12-2002, 03:31 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

I'm not saying Harry is wrong, only what I've witnessed with my personal kit. Heck, I haven't even started it. Maybe it is a turd in a plain brown wrapper, but it doesn't look like it will be. I have heard of lots of problems getting missing parts and hobby shops being jerked all over the place trying to get their pre-paid orders filled. I have not heard of flyability problems, but then I've only seen the one at the field.

Buyer beware, but maybe it's worth the challenge if you can verify all of the parts are present and in good shape before you buy the kit.

Then again, maybe they really are turds

John
Old 12-12-2002, 04:37 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am putting together their Messerschmitt BF-109 right now. I like the kit all the parts were present, good wood, nice work on all the pre-sheeted stuff and the plastic cowling and other ABS stuff is thick and strong. The directions are decent, manual and plans provided.

I don't believe they currently have a distributor or retail outlets in the US, per a previous email with the factory. They can and will ship to the US according to the info they supplied me.

Have Fun
Old 12-12-2002, 10:56 PM
HarryC

In any manufacturing there will be some produce that works and some that doesnt. If you already have an Aerotech-UK from ATI you might be lucky and have one that fits well enough. But if you are thinking of buying one you are taking a huge risk. Here are some comments about Aerotech-UK from a very recent thread on a UK forum, in which I made no posting, all the warnings are from other people. Now if the locals don't trust it......

Did I hear some bad press about Aerotech recently on this site... I think I did, but can't locate it easily?
Graham....thanks for the info, I thought it was bad but couldn't locate it Thanks again, I will give Aerotech a wide berth... a pity because they had some good WWII offerings at sensible sizes
Stay away from the aerotech one.
Remember : aerotech doesn't have any R&D staff, all they do is copying, so for each product, you can find the original one in an other manufacturer catalog ....
Thanks to all who responded to this thread...I shal not go near Aerotech
I've orded the same kit from them a few weeks ago... my credit card was charged, but nothing arrived : false tracking number, false shipping date (nothing has been shipped) and very bad press on a lot of rc forums...
I am actually trying to recover the amount throught the VISA inssurance...
Hmmmm bad news indeed....is that.....

I decided one weekend sometime back to visit ATI, after perusing their website.......I wanted to buy building materials and also had my eye on one of their Suhkoi kits...
Anyway after battling my way through the S****horpe wilderness I came across them.......on a small factory estate.
Not impressed at all......no stock, no models, no help at all!!!!
I even rang them before setting off......no answer.......I shant use them again but....I do have the Harvard, Extra300s of theirs which dont look bad, but the Wayfairer Bipe they do is a bag of sh*t.... the top rear decking dont even fit properly across the fuzz sides.........

I would like to thanks Simon and Mike for sharing their past experience modelling aerotech 's kit from ATI Manufacturing .....

Aerotech - is run by a spotty faced youth apparantlyIf you have placed an order with them and not received the goods and all the info given is false , then contact the police.

If ati is a limited company , log on to companies house , search for the list of directors, and it should give you their home address, contact them there.Hope none of you will choose this company .... for hobby

You have been warned!