Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

ACE 120 BIPLANE...NEDD SOME INFO...

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

ACE 120 BIPLANE...NEDD SOME INFO...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:15 AM
alcohol burner
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACE 120 BIPLANE...NEDD SOME INFO...

I have an Ace 4-120 biplane that I received off a fellow RC member in our club.....He has passed away, and I have a question about the plane......I have a Super Tigre 2300 on it with a tuned pipe. I have no plans with this plane. I checked the C.G. right on or slightly behind the main spar on the top wing. According to this, it is just slightly nose heavy which I would think would be just fine. However when I flew it today...I have about 1/8 or slightly more Down trim in the elevator....this is telling me tail heavy, but when I fly it inverted, I have to hold Down in it even more.....I brought it home and I rechecked C.G. again. Checked thrust of engine also. It has about 1-2 degree right thrust in it......I would also assume this is ok. I guess now I am thinking wing incidence is off. Can anyone tell me what the top wing and bottom wing incidence should be on this plane? I have no experience with biplanes, but I do build other planes from kit form, but have no idea on this one.....Any help would be much appreciated....thanks......Tim
Old 06-12-2006, 07:12 AM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ACE 120 BIPLANE...NEDD SOME INFO...

Check all the incidences, upper and lower wing, motor and elevator. I've flown bipes for years, and have found that if you run the lower wing at 0, upper at -1, elevator at 0, and engine at -1 to -2, you'll really start to enjoy the way it flies. The only other option I would suggest would be to get a 4 stroke for it.