Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Skybolt Plans

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Skybolt Plans

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Strat2003
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skybolt Plans

Does anyone have a set of Great Planes Super Skybolt plans they'd be willing to part with cheaply? Specifically the wing plans?
Old 07-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Skybolt Plans

http://www.greatplanes.com/parts/gpma0170pl.html
Plans for less than $20. And nobody's glue and pinholes!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:06 AM
cmoore806
My Feedback: (82)

I have a set I could run a copy of for you...better yet, I could scan it and possibly email it to you so you could take them to Kinkos and have them print off a set.

Chris

Old 08-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cmoore806

I have a set I could run a copy of for you...better yet, I could scan it and possibly email it to you so you could take them to Kinkos and have them print off a set.

Chris

How can you scan a plan of that size?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:11 AM
cmoore806
My Feedback: (82)

I work near a company that specializes in oversize printing and scanning. They scan it and then save it on a CD. I checked how much it would cost to scan to a CD and was told that it would cost "a dollar each" to put them on CD. I am not going to be back in to work until next Wednesday but I will certainly be able to scan them at that time and then mail you the CD or send you the files (if they arent too large) via email.

Chris

Old 02-16-2010, 05:34 PM
xcellair

hi all,, i was looking for a skybolt plan, and came across you guys, is it possible i can have a copy of the plan too chris, i want to built it for 26 or 50cc gas, i am in australia, and never seen a skybolt here, hope its ok,,

Chris,, any cost let me know i can post it snail mail

my e mail is,, [email protected]

love reading the forums and how people help eachother all over the world, also plans on effective tunned canisters or pipes that aint too loud would he good,, if anyone has any advice on that subject,

thanks, Phill
Old 02-17-2010, 08:08 AM
smithcreek
My Feedback: (25)

ORIGINAL: xcellair

hi all,, i was looking for a skybolt plan, and came across you guys, is it possible i can have a copy of the plan too chris, i want to built it for 26 or 50cc gas, i am in australia, and never seen a skybolt here, hope its ok,,

Chris,, any cost let me know i can post it snail mail

my e mail is,, [email protected]

love reading the forums and how people help eachother all over the world, also plans on effective tunned canisters or pipes that aint too loud would he good,, if anyone has any advice on that subject,

thanks, Phill

IMO, for a few reasons the GP Skybolt plans are not the ones you should get if you plan on building a plane from scratch. First, the plans were not meant for scratch building. A lot of the parts are not shown including important parts like formers. Second, to call this plane "sport scale" is very kind. It's so far off scale that it really just vaguely resembles a Skybolt. It's construction is complicated, outdated and heavy to say the least. Funny thing is there are much older methods of building that would be much easier to make scale and much lighter. If you want a nice set of Skybolt plans look at the Hostetler plans, you could always scale them down a bit if you wanted a smaller plane.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:09 AM
smithcreek
My Feedback: (25)

double post