Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Fazer engine.

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Fazer engine.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:59 AM
HitecMan
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fazer engine.

I have a reasonablly heavy sig fazer. I have had OS LA 46 on there, but it just wouldnt carry the plane. while at my house i have a just broken in super tigre gs 40 with the six inch macs black tuned pipe. Will this carry it better than the LA 46? If so what prop should i go for.

Old 10-22-2006, 12:13 PM
donkey doctor

Default RE: Fazer engine.

Hello; I don't suppose this is much help, but I had an FP 40 in my Fazer, and found that I needed more power so I put a Saito 50 in it. I then wanted even more power so I ordered a Saito 56 and put that in. That worked just about right, until I let another flyer try it. He lost it and became dis-oriented and crashed it when he froze at the stick. There wasn't enough of it left to rebuild, though the engine was fine. He bought me a new lawn mower to cover his remorse. I have already worn out that mower and replaced it with a Honda.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:22 PM
HitecMan
My Feedback: (43)

you still have the .56?
Old 10-23-2006, 10:21 PM
donkey doctor

Hello; Yes I do, it's going into a new Morris hobbies Gee whiz Bee. Should be ready by next weekend.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:51 PM
wagen017

I actually flew the Fazer with a OS-46FX. It flew great, but this motor in my opinion is too strong for this plane. If I remember correctly, the building guide tells you 28-40 size. I in the end put a OS-32SX with tuned pipe on it. This flew much better!

Better have power then extra weight!
Old 10-29-2006, 10:20 PM
super tigre

I have the surer tigre 40 ring motor in mine with an apc 10-6 prop it flyes real well. has plenty of power,I have never tried to hover it due to lack of pilot skill and nerves but it does loop roll and knife edge well.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:24 PM
JustErik

ORIGINAL: wagen017

I actually flew the Fazer with a OS-46FX. It flew great, but this motor in my opinion is too strong for this plane. If I remember correctly, the building guide tells you 28-40 size. I in the end put a OS-32SX with tuned pipe on it. This flew much better!

Better have power then extra weight!
I have to agree here. I'm on my third Fazer and if I ever build a 4th one, it will get an OS .32 or Webra .36. The Fazer is great fun with a .40 or .46, but all of mine have been nose heavy and weighed at or near 4.5 pounds. If I do another one, the weight goals will be 3.5 pounds and one of the two mentioned engines.