Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

goldberg 40 sized cub

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

goldberg 40 sized cub

Old 11-07-2006, 05:48 PM
sherm172k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default goldberg 40 sized cub

i just got the goldberg anniversary edition cub today. before i start construction, is there anything i should modify or look out for when building the kit? also, i want the wing to have a more scale aileron, rather than the strip ailerons of this design. has anyone done this before? also, would it be difficult to add flaps to this kit? thanks in advance

Old 11-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Knight_74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: goldberg 40 sized cub

The only thing I would change is the landing gear. Someone makes a nice scale looking set for that plane.
Adding flaps wouldn't be too difficult, but then you would want to make a new cowl so it looks like a super cub.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:34 PM
P-40 DRIVER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: goldberg 40 sized cub

The Goldberg Cub used to be the standard, everybody had one at one time or another. The landing gear is the weak point as mentioned already. do not overpower it, if your going for the full size wing. I would leave the ailerons alone, or get GP cub instead which has those barn door ailerons. The Goldberg cub is easier to build but makes compromises for simplicities sake. If you really want a scale cub, I would look into the Sig 1/5 scale or 1/4 scale. Flaps are not needed on this model and would provide little benefit.