Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Stars for the wings

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Stars for the wings

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 07:51 PM
redbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stars for the wings

Can anyone give me a pointer to a source of bmp or jpg files that have stars that could be printed and then used as a templet for making a monocote star? I would like to put some trim on my new 4 * 120
TIA!
Old 02-21-2002, 03:03 AM
1Eye
My Feedback: (2)

Default Seeing stars?

Red Bear -
If you don't come up with a quick source for your stars you could always fall back and make your own templates out of card stock. I just use a compass to draw a circle to represent the max dim. of the star points then plot out a tick on the circumference every 72 degs. for a 5-point star. Then connect across the ticks to make the star points and then carefully cut out your template. But maybe this approach is not what you're looking for(?)

Mike
Old 02-21-2002, 03:04 PM
Bob Yeager
My Feedback: (5)

Default STARS

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXHZ24&P=7

Old 02-21-2002, 04:56 PM
redbear

Thanks, I had not thought of the compuss thing. I had used MSPaint to draw several stars with one point longer to lead into a stripe. But, MSPaint doesn't let you see the pionts very well and then you can't move them if you miss just a little. I think the compass will help! Thanks again for your response.
Old 02-22-2002, 11:21 PM
ReallyUglyStick
My Feedback: (5)

if you have one of the M$ office programs (word, works, publisher) you can look at your clip art selection. use the program to size it up and print it black and white onto paper. if it's not the right size just keep going until it is, then trace it's outline onto card stock (or underwear cardboard) and use that for your template.
Old 02-23-2002, 01:34 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I use MS Word. If you bring up the drawing toolbar, select autoshapes and there is a 5 point star. Hold down the shift key as you drag the size and it will keep a constant proportion. Print it onto paper and cut out around the shape but not to the shape. Then use double sided tape to stick it to the backing sheet of the fild and use a ruler to guide your scalpel to cut out the star. Then when you need to stick it to the model pull off the template and backing sheet as one piece.

This works for all shapes such as circles etc.

Harry
Old 02-23-2002, 04:40 PM
redbear

Thanks, I have tried the MS Paint program with some luck but could not move the points on the star. I will look into the MS Word program.