Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Lanier Ultimate Pitts Biplane

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Lanier Ultimate Pitts Biplane

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:12 AM
djcmeeks
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier Ultimate Pitts Biplane

I have posted this question on a few other threads and haven't had much response. Since this is a kit plane hopefully some of you have experience.

I have the opportunity to buy a completed Lanier Ultimate Pitts 60" from a gentleman at my club. He just recently re-skinned the plane and put a new Saito 1.80GK in. The plane appears to be in fantastic shape.

My question is, compared to the other ultimate planes out there, how does this one compare? The plane weighs in a 11lbs which seems good. I just want a good acrobatic biplane with stable flight characteristics.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:47 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Lanier Ultimate Pitts Biplane

It is a stable plane that flies well, the lighter the better. 11lbs is pretty good. I had one with a Roto 35 in it and when I switched to a Saito 180 it flew a whole lot better. Go for it.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:17 PM
djcmeeks
My Feedback: (11)

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. Sound like a pretty good deal for the money he is asking.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:40 AM
lyotchik
My Feedback: (21)

I hope that someone will comment on this kit. Are the instructions clear, does it use good quality balsa, is it laser or die cut, how do the cut parts fit, etc. It seems to come with an ABS cowl - it that usable or does someone need to look for a replacement? If it needs to be replaced, where can one be found?

Roger