Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Cessna 210 centurion retractable gear

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Cessna 210 centurion retractable gear

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 05:48 PM
FredKishi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cessna 210 centurion retractable gear

Cessna 210 centurion retractable gear, Where I find?
Old 12-08-2007, 06:23 PM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Cessna 210 centurion retractable gear

good luck with that one, I dont know of anybody who has retracts like that
Old 12-08-2007, 09:20 PM
micagreenmachin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That would be a real feat. I'd love to see functional scale Cessna high wing retractable gear.

I honestly can't see why they put RG on the real ones... It just seems so complicated and would imagine that they add quite a bit of weight, reducing the payload you can carry and can't be cheap to manufacture, let alone fix if something goes wrong... I've seen a 172RG come in for a belly landing after a failure. And, I've seen a 210 on "jack stands" while they were testing the gear, talk about precarious looking jack stands!

-t
Old 12-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Mirek J.

It is all about speed !!! I have been waching this airplanes ( not models ) for last 28 yr's and the only one that andup on belly was due to pilot error !! and two due to mechanical ,soooooo take this any way you want .... progress boddy !!! . The retrack for the model is very seasy , single actuator ,,likr flaps ,,bingo !!!!!!!! ...

Happy flying ................... Mirek J.

Ps .. I'm a aviation tech & inspector / pilot .... all
Old 12-09-2007, 07:10 PM
JimO
My Feedback: (7)

Ramon Torres had a Skymaster with retracts and if I remember he did offer them for other Cessna A/C.

JimO
Old 12-09-2007, 09:43 PM
brenthampton79

the cessna retract system is a lot simpler than most think like Mirek says its just one motion. a lot of people think that the gear falls down and then retracts backward. That is incorrect. The landing gear actuator is mounted at an angle and only moves one direction. The reason for the fall especially on a electric hydraulic system like on a later model cardinal is because the gear wants to fall down and therefore when you move the gear handle it changes the hydraulics direction and therefore realeases the pressure that holds the gear up, on later model cardinals there are no uplocks and hydraulic pressure holds the main gear up. And like mirek says gear up issues in the cessna is usually due to the pilot., My dad owns a 78 cardinal rg and i also fly and flown several of these cessna's as well as other retract systems and havn't had any more problems with the cessna any more than a piper with the same electric hydraulic system, knock on wood. wish me luck i'll be flying the navajo tomorrow or as i call it the nevergo. From my experience the critical issue with landing gear problems are usually due to lack of mx or the pilot not understanding of how the system works. I beleive you could easily simulate the cessna retract system with a typical retract. Just need to understand the bends in the landing gear and the angle in which it would be mounted inside the model.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:18 PM
micagreenmachin

Wow. I had no idea that Cessna retracts were so simple (from the sound of other posts here).

The only gear up I ever saw was the Cessna that I was talking about earlier. It was a training flight, instructor and student. The gear just wouldn't come down. They circled the field for almost two hours while they talked to a mechanic and burned off most of their remaining fuel. They couldn't get it down so they had to do a belly landing. They hit a little hard because the instructor had never done that before (obviously) and tried to come in as slow as possible, got it too slow and hit harder than he thought it would. The plane didn't look too bad, but they hit hard enough to put a wrinkle on the aft part of the fuse right behind the cockpit.

This was at Palwaukee airport in Chicago BTW (now known as Chicago Exec.) about 10 years ago...
Old 12-09-2007, 10:30 PM
brenthampton79

yeah the gear is a lot simper than it looks usually the problems on the older planes from what i've heard is the gear doors and all the micro switches and relays for the gear doors. and also another thing is the uplocks that hold the gear up during flight after retraction. this is also a culpret for the navajo sometimes as well, if the uplocks are not greased and maintained as needed they won't disengage during extension hense holding the gear up, on the 76 model cardinals and later there are no uplocks to hold the gear up like i said before, the navajo landing gear actually is held up by the uplocks after retraction and the cardinal is like a piper arrow, where hydraulic pressure holds it up, now the cardinal actually does have one up lock on the nose and these sometimes give trouble, however on the later models it is not needed though and is just a left over thing that should have been removed.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:50 PM
FredKishi

I obtained to develop one. Soon post photos
Old 01-10-2008, 07:58 AM
FredKishi

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=FexpEh7etdA
Old 01-20-2008, 11:15 PM
brenthampton79

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=DmX1-d7_6TQ
Old 01-21-2008, 04:58 PM
FredKishi

The system is not scale. Mine it will be scale, such which the brother oldest. Please, it waits that mine soon this post video.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Spencer K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

lets keep this thread alive, there are alot of lancair/ cessna builders that would like a simple solution to the retracts dilemma. im current working on mine, and when i figure it out, ill start posting pics.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:13 PM
FredKishi

Please. Which its email? I go to order the photos of the model soon already. I used Pneumatic Robart parts. Perfect!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:54 PM
FredKishi

See Pics in my Galery.