Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sig S.E. wing tubes

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sig S.E. wing tubes

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 10:19 PM
KenwardV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig S.E. wing tubes

Sorrythis is a cross post. I realized only after my original one that "Beginners" was not as appropriate as this forum.

My outside tubes are so tight that it is impossible to get them through the rib holes. I've tried gently sanding the outside of one of them (at the cap end, where no glue will be used) and am getting close to having it fit, but I wonder if sanding out the holes isn't a quicker, cheaper way to go?? I worry about overdoing it either way...

Second kit, so next time I'll remember to check it out before starting with the wings. I'm at the stage on the first wing of inserting it for installing the web shears.

I've thought about fine sandpaper around the Al tube as another approach...

Any thoughts?

Old 05-06-2008, 11:06 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Sig S.E. wing tubes

I would sand the ribs ever so slightly to get the tube to slide in the way it is designed. Good Luck, Dave
Old 05-06-2008, 11:12 PM
KenwardV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig S.E. wing tubes

I had another reply in the other forum saying the same, and I'm busy on the second set of ribs. It worked quite well using the 320 grit paper on the Al tube.

Many thanks!