Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Show ME Your BUSA Eindecker 40

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Show ME Your BUSA Eindecker 40

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 07:03 AM
phatbob02
My Feedback: (126)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Show ME Your BUSA Eindecker 40

I'm building the Balsa USA Eindecker 40 and I'd like to see other's that you guys have done. I see a lot of the 90 size but no 40's. I'm installing a Saito 56 and I'd like to know what others are using and how it flies.
I have the engine mounted and I'm in the tail mounting/hinging stage. I'll post pics soon.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 05-29-2008, 08:30 PM
jollyroger
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Show ME Your BUSA Eindecker 40

Phatbob, I'd show you mine, but it's still in the box. Won't get to it now until next fall as I still have another kit to finish and refurb 2 more. But I may just do a build thread on it as I plan to convert it to electric. I still have to get the wheels and a decent pilot figure as well as covering, so it''l take me all summer to get these together.
BTW I and some fellow clubmembers flew over to BUSA from Charlevoix, Mi. and spent a couple hours there. We stopped by Ron Bush's hangar and got a look at his Cub which was the basis for the 1/4 qnd 1/3 scale models as well as his Aircoupe. Real beauties.
They were very gracious hosts and we got the .25 cent tour. Never saw so much balsa in my life! Ron Bush is a very good at building his own machines for manufacturing kits and producing stock balsa.
If anyone ever finds themselve near Menomenee, Mi. stop by and meet these great folks at Balsa USA.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:57 PM
phatbob02

Hey Jollyroger,
I thought I was going to do a scale build but the Eindecker 40 has nothing scale about it eccept the shape of the wing. I did purchase the fiberglass cowl and cheeks from Fiberglass Specialties. They're a lot better than the stock plastic parts.
I also was searching for a WWI pilot and found nothing that I liked. I decided to make my own. Meet Eric Von Phatbob. I mounted a sub micro servo in him to have his head turn with the rudder.[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45076.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	711.0 KB
ID:	960974   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41234.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	654.6 KB
ID:	960975  
Old 05-31-2008, 05:28 PM
phatbob02

Here's the Fiberglass Specialties cowl covered with aluminum tape. I finished it today and it took all day! I'm glad I bought extra tape ! The tape wouldn't form around the nose so I painted it white.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17381.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	961077