Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Engine Mount Templates?

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Engine Mount Templates?

Old 07-04-2008, 12:42 PM
horseshoejack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Mount Templates?

After finally ramping back up on my Sig 1/4 Cub build, I hit a small roadblock that turned into a new guy question. I dont have my motor here yet and was wondering Is there such a thing as a standard mounting plate template available for different sizes/brands of motors and their mounts? Do the mfg. sites show them? I'm messing around with placement and I'm going Saito on this plane- haven't figured 115 or 125 yet- and trying to keep rolling along. Seems like it would be a handy sort of thing to have so any tips or ideas would be great. And if you want to throw in any other motor model,makes, or size suggestions, it's open season on that too.
Thanks Jacks

Old 07-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Tango Juliet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine Mount Templates?

While you may or may not find an exact mounting template, most of the manufacturers (I assume) do have the dimensions available to the centers of the holes in the mounting lugs (I know OS does and I think Saito does also).