Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Bridi Sun Fli 4

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Bridi Sun Fli 4

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 09:03 AM
STEVEB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bridi Sun Fli 4

I am building a Bridi Sun Fli 4 as re-kitted by Bluejay. All was proceeding well until I did a "dumb thumb" move by inducing a warp in the right wing panel. Alas, the kit is not in the current inventory as offered by Bluejay. Bluejay was contacted but no help was offered through either a purchase of an entire kit or wing rib templates.

Anybody have a set of plans depicting individual rib patterns or know of a source where I can buy a set of rib templates? My expirience in building and flying the Sun Fli 5 tells me the 4 should be just as nice.

Steve Barnett
Arnold, MD
Old 01-30-2009, 10:51 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Bridi Sun Fli 4

A lot of Joe Bridi's plane designs had inter relationships and shared many design features

The ribs might possibly be used on another of his designs

That being said. most kit or scratch building people would have little problem making a new wing from the old one's dimensions including copying the wings
Old 01-30-2009, 11:12 AM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, right click on the attachment, click on "save link as" and rename it to sunfli-iv.pdf

Make sure you get rid of the .txt and replace it with .pdf

The plans are full size at 54" x 36"

David
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Bz78186.txt (362.8 KB, 52 views)
Old 01-30-2009, 11:46 AM
jjscott

David: How do you clean up and save the plans the way you do? Do you have some way to scan the full-size plans and save them as PDF? I've tried to work from the full-size plans with my 35mm digital camera, but I always seem to get some distortion no matter where I position the camera. Plus, I only have the free adobe reader, which does not allow you to do anything with the files.

Jim
Old 01-30-2009, 03:07 PM
STEVEB

w8ye,

have already made templates of w1 and w10, stacked the appropriate number of rib blanks to employ the stack sanding method. I have sanded one half of the stack and now ready to start the other half. I was looking for a template or guide to ensure I was doing the task accurately. I would like to think I'd end up with some rather interesting flying characteristics using two differerent airfoils on the same mono-winged aircraft. Although a neat experiment, I would rather spend my time flying then trying to trim a wierd airplane.

However, thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my basic question.

Steve Barnett

Old 01-30-2009, 03:09 PM
STEVEB

David,

Thank you Sir. The download came through fine.

Steve Barnett