Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Jemco PT-19

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Jemco PT-19

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 11:35 PM
glydrjocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jemco PT-19

A good friend of mine was on a job installing alarm systems when he came upon a client who gave him a Jemoc PT-19 with a Saito 4 stroke that he hadn't flown in years.

It was described to me over the phone as having a low wing and two cockpits so I knew it must be a PT-19. It was covered in Coverite but someone in the past had gone so far as to paint it all a dark blue color. On the first trip to the field we fueled the plane and got it running again. Test flights showed a good flying plane but it needed some work as the ailerons had an excessive gap with slow roll rates.

The more we looked at the plane and the original paint scheme, the more Rudy wanted to recover the wing. Rudy has been an ARF pilot for the whole 2 years I have known him and he always was amazed at the covering jobs I had done on my own airplanes, proclaiming that he could never learn to cover a model.

Well, folks, Rudy got so tired of the dark blue and it's difficulty to see in the air that he went down and purchased a few rolls of yellow Monokote and did a spectacular job stripping and recovering the wing on his PT-19! While the rest of the model needs some work, he's planning on redoing the tail surfaces and bringing it back to a scale configuration with proper spinner and all.

Lads, we need to hold our glasses high and drink a toast to this ARF pilot who braved the trends and learned the old ways of model building.

Here's to you Rudy, thanks for giving it the ole college try!

Cheers,

Tony
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78014.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	1142705  
Old 02-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Jemco PT-19

Well done, Rudy!

What size Saito engine does it have?

I have an unfinished Jemco PT-19 in my collection.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:58 PM
glydrjocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jemco PT-19

Rudy got the plane engine servos and all.........I think it might be a Saito 72. (if there was such a beast) It really hauls the mail with an 11-8 prop on it. In fact he had put an 11-6 on it but it was reving a bit high, so we reinstalled the 80's (or 90's) era Master airscrew 11-8 on it and it was Purrrrrrrrrfect!!!!!

I did the first flight on it when we first got it running and you know what................it flies awesome!!!!

I wish Jemco still sold those kits. I have seen the Zero, P-40 warhawk and the P-47 in flight at model airshows in the early 80's and they really stand out in my mind as great flyer's!!!!!!

Finish up that PT-19 she'll fly great!!!!!

T