Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Top Flite Red and Gren Box

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Top Flite Red and Gren Box

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Scratchie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Top Flite Red and Gren Box

eBay frequently has Top Flite Red and Green box kits. Since they're older, I assume that they take more time to build than the newer kits. Other than finding a kit that is no longer made, are there any other advantages to these older kits (for the building, not collector)?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Red and Gren Box

No advantages that I can think of. They are generally smaller, heavier, less accurate in outline, and more work (carving) than the newer Gold Edition kits. That's just my .02 cents of course.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:36 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes older, took more skill and dedication, not easy. Ah for the good old days when there was more commitment and dedication to what you did. Made the finished product a work of love of the hobby. You were proud to show it off. It did not look like every other plane out there. yes those were the good old days.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Scratchie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I grew up on those old Comet and Gullows kits, I'll take the new Top Flite Gold Edition - I just wish they made larger planes.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Roary m
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny you should mention the larger size kits; with the surge in gas engines on the market I would have thought T.F. would have cashed in on at least a few more arfs, say a giant scale Sea fury or a Spit. Myself, I have the Mustang kit with a Brisson 50 cc but will need to save for the retracts which will set me back a small bundle.