RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Kit Building (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/)
-   -   Weeks Solution 120 size. Anyone built one?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/6551884-weeks-solution-120-size-anyone-built-one.html)

BankYank 10-28-2007 09:25 PM

Weeks Solution 120 size. Anyone built one??

Anyone built one? If so let me hear about it as i have the builders kit here next week!!:D
Pat

MinnFlyer 10-29-2007 05:45 AM

RE: Weeks Solution 120 size. Anyone built one??

Never built one, but saw one fly once

[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

Gray Beard 10-29-2007 11:30 AM

Where did you get the kit and who makes/made it??

hrrcflyer 10-29-2007 12:01 PM

Bank Yank,
I can only say one thing about the Weeks Solution. If it is anything like the Solution "X", you will never want to fly an Ultimate again!!:D

Gray Beard,
Larry Katona @Precision Cut Kits offers 3 different size Weeks Solution X's. There is also a man in Ohio who actually bought all of Miles Reeds' designs and sells kits of the entire Solution series plus a few others. If you send me a PM, I have a copy of his catalog that I will be happy to send you.:)

BankYank 10-29-2007 05:04 PM

Hi. Thanks for the offer but that is how i got his number from a pdf catalog floating around on rcu.
I spoke with the guy who has all the plans for the weeks line of planes. He said the 120 size will fly fine with a 1.20FS. I have a OS1.60FX that has been looking for a plane so i asked him about this set up again his reply was the plane will handle it well but is about the biggest engine he would put into one. He also said the plane handles about the same as an Ultimate just a little slower and more graceful doing maneuvers and it will land slower then the Ultimate. I have a friend with a Solution X and i can say from experience flying it that is the Solution 1.20 flies anywhere near the same it will be a p***ycat to fly.

For anyone interested the builders kit includes the Plans,Instructions,LG,Canopy and cabane wires(pre bent) and also a wood list for $60.00 plus shipping. His email is
[email protected]
Pat

twistman 01-30-2016 12:15 PM

Can anyone tell me where to balance the 120 Weeks? It acts like it is nose heavy but I would like to know for sure. Thanks for any help on this.

dasquirrelisme 03-08-2016 02:43 PM

Did anybody ever find out where to balance this bipe?

twistman 03-08-2016 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by dasquirrelisme (Post 12186904)
Did anybody ever find out where to balance this bipe?

Everybody seems to know all about them but they are not willing to share with me where the balance point is, oh well so much for helping out a fellow pilot !

dasquirrelisme 03-09-2016 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by twistman (Post 12187011)
Everybody seems to know all about them but they are not willing to share with me where the balance point is, oh well so much for helping out a fellow pilot !

Hey Twist I just got in contact with Dave Dessecker. I should have a set of plans coming soon and will get you the CG for it.

twistman 03-09-2016 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by dasquirrelisme (Post 12187090)
Hey Twist I just got in contact with Dave Dessecker. I should have a set of plans coming soon and will get you the CG for it.

Thank You very much, I will be looking for your reply. You are a very thoughtful person,sir.

dasquirrelisme 03-09-2016 10:32 AM

Here is what he told me. Not exactly sure what it means yet because I will have to look at the plane when I get time.

"I just checked the prints and the CG is located 7/8" to 1-1/4" ahead of the rear top wing mount"

twistman 03-11-2016 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by dasquirrelisme (Post 12187251)
Here is what he told me. Not exactly sure what it means yet because I will have to look at the plane when I get time.

"I just checked the prints and the CG is located 7/8" to 1-1/4" ahead of the rear top wing mount"

Thank you Squirrel, I am going to fly it today and I will let you know how it goes. I feel like it will be dead on.

dasquirrelisme 03-11-2016 01:16 PM

Awesome. Let me know how it goes!

twistman 03-11-2016 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by dasquirrelisme (Post 12188162)
Awesome. Let me know how it goes!

Hey Squirrel, Well I flew the Weeks today and I have to say it is awsome! It worked out just a tad nose heavy but I can move my batterys back to take care of that, but even a little nose heavy it is a very smooth flying bipe. I am truly grateful for your help. I know that I will be flying this one a lot, but I will have to take time with my other bipes, I have 12 of them.
Thank You, David ( Twistman #113 on the Ultimate Brotherhood)

Gray Beard 03-13-2016 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by twistman (Post 12187011)

Due to boredom I came on RCU to see what is up with some of my old friends and came across this 9 year old thread, last post was in October of 2007. The reason no one is willing to pass on there information and pearls of wisdom is none of us are really on RCU any longer.
Even PCK has been out of business for a few years. If you joined RCU in 04 then the topic of CG must have come up enough times for you to know about the on line CG programs. They work great and are idiot proof. Give them a try some time.

dasquirrelisme 03-13-2016 03:31 PM

Hey David glad everything worked out for you! I cant wait to fly mine but have a few things to do first. It is an older build and I would feel better upgrading the servos and putting a new tank in it. I also have to make some connectors to connect the top and bottom ailerons. I kind of have bad luck with bipes but hopefully this one has no problems.

edp 03-13-2016 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2152502
I fly it's BIG brother. I t belongs to a friend of mine who bought it from Miles Reed. It was the last plane he built. Miles had it ready to cover.
I knew Miles when I was a little kid.

dasquirrelisme 03-14-2016 01:00 PM

Damn that's a pretty plane!

edp 03-14-2016 01:18 PM

I'll let Bob K. now. He owns it and REALLY knows how to cover. I'm teaching how to put it through it's paces. I did a string of 27 rolls, Bob counted, w/o much up/down needed. It snaps and spins very well.
These are well balanced planes.
I'm more into classic (ballistic) pattern but is fun to fly an IMAC bird.