Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

new Caliber coming

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

new Caliber coming

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 10:48 PM
rpat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new Caliber coming

hey guys,
I just purchased a Caliber and it is the mail as we speak. I was just wondering if any of you guys that already have them could give me any tips on improving the heli out of the box......or any things I should be aware of that are not in the instructions. Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 11-28-2003, 08:13 PM
davidj

Default RE: new Caliber coming

I assume you are talking the C30 as the C60/90 need no upgrades. Yes there are several things you can do during the build to help the caliber. Set it up with CCPM or as Kyosho calles it EMS and use good quality servo's. You should secure the servo tray and here are several ways of doing this and a search of this forum and RR will show you how. Spin the head at least 1750 to get performance. Look in my gallery for some pics.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:42 AM
swmoheli

Don't get the OS32, opt for the Thundertiger 39, see http://www.heliproz.com and get some better blades, Mavrikk's are really nice and the carbons are extremely affordable. even for the first few crashes. Find out what's available as far as upgrades and as you breake it, upgrade it.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:40 AM
rpat

I have just bought a 9chp that arrived just this week. I ordered the 9001 servos, which should work for awhile concidering that I am still just hovering. The reason that I asked about out of the box things like I haveread that the tail rotor pully shaft wears pretty quick. I was just wondering if they have corrected this situation.
Rich
Old 11-29-2003, 10:02 AM
rpat

Oh by the way.........just why should I use cccp instead of the standard set up. I know what cccp is ...it is mixing everything through the transmitter , but what is the advantage of doing this? I know that this is a basic question but some of this is new for myself
Thanks
Rich
Old 11-29-2003, 03:17 PM
swmoheli

I am using the standard precision 3001's that came with my 9CAP and am having no trouble what so ever with them, that is one of the advantages of ccpm mixing, you are distributing the entire load of the main rotor across 3 servos instead of one for cyclic, one for pitch, and one for roll. This reduction in load to each servo (especially for collective) means your servos work less, putting less of a load on you receiver pack. I have a 1640mAH NiMH pack and can nearly get en entire day of flying in. I wouldn't push it that far but to give some perspective my friend has a raptor with the same pack in his and usually get about 4 flights in before he recharges. (he also fly's a jr system and i haven't looked at what the servos draw so if that's the reason let me know). but ordering the higher end servos is never a bad idea. that way when you're ready for a bigger bird you've got the better servos alreadyand can easily put the original ones back in. I have also done some funnels with both the Caliber and raptor, i'm not sure if is the difference between ccpm/standard mix, but the caliber seems to out funnel the raptor. I have also noticed fine tuning the rotor is a little easier with the ccpm set up. Again, it may just be me.

I another post you asked about V2 blades, these are the best money can buy (as far as i've seen) I won a set of them at a fly-in. the name of the blade is, V-blades V2. I can't wait to get them in.

Good luck.
Old 11-30-2003, 08:14 AM
rpat

Thanks for the explaination. The cccp sounds like the way to go, but I see a lot of questions on this forum about setting the cccp up. Is it really that complicated or does the caliber directions not give good directions on how to set it up?
Old 11-30-2003, 02:46 PM
corn_tortilla

Setup is difficult in getting the controller to work right. Not in getting the chopper configured.... i had to swap my Aileron and Pitch Servos and reverse them too... As far as setting up the linkages, it's easier.

Keep fiddling until the swash plate reacts properly. Then just trim your bird in.

Pitch Up = Swashplate evenly moves up
Pitch Down = Swashplate evenly goes down
Left Cyclic = Swashplate tilts Left
Right Cyclic = Swashplate tilts Right
Forward Cyclic = Swashplate tips forward
Back Cyclic = Swashplate tips backward

Have someone check out your bird before you first attempt to fire it up. (It seems lame, but is well worth it)
Old 11-30-2003, 03:24 PM
rpat

Thanks. I guess that you just have to fiddle with it until everything works