Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Nexus Heli

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 06:44 AM
daehahnn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nexus Heli

Hello, I'd like to know if the kyosho hughes 500 fusalage can be used with nexus mechanics?? Please let me know thank you!! P.S. If anyone is selling the 500 fus let me know!!
Old 05-13-2002, 12:21 PM
jbrundt
My Feedback: (2)

Default Nexus Heli

The Kyosho H500 will fit the Nexus but you need to make some mods. There will be a hole needing to be cut in the canopy near the top for the start cone to pke out of. Also you have to cut a clearance hole/slot for the aileron servo arm in the canopy. The furnished rear L/G adapter with the H500 fuse kit is desidgned for the Concept and won't work with the Nexus. You need a remote glow plug adapter too since you can't access the plug with the fuse installed. You can remove the canopy to change the plug but it's inconvienent for starting. It helps to have a fueling valve too. Even tho the windows are large it can be hard to reach in to pull the fuel line off the carb for fueling. The bad thing about the fuse is you can't see the fuel level in flight. Also the engine tends to run hotter with these fuses on. The stock Nexus muffler also rubs the plastic fuse so expect some melting where it contacts.

hope this helps......
Old 05-13-2002, 12:28 PM
michael lewis
My Feedback: (1)

Default Nexus Heli

Hey do you fly at brown and power? " Just get the nexus"? I'am the bald guy from Show Low. I was enjoying Rob's flying. I will return with full battery in camera soon. So others can see the art of expression w/helo. Mike