Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

caliber 30 4 stroke conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

caliber 30 4 stroke conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Deperado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caliber 30 4 stroke conversion

Greetings all.
I just purchased a caliber 30 w/o motor. I have a concept 30 I'm learning on and wanted something more current.
I've seen the posts regarding the Two stroke 50 upgrade. I'm more intrested in dropping an OS FS52 four stroker in it.
Are there kits avail in the US? Do you need to change out the gear ratio?

My options right now are to steal the OS32 in my concept and putting it in the caliber, buying a new two stroke for the caliber or doing the four stroke if its available.

Any resources on this?
Old 02-10-2004, 12:59 AM
corn_tortilla

Default RE: caliber 30 4 stroke conversion

Don't know about the four stroke; but I though the OS32 was a bit underpowered. My .50 conversion kit should arrive Weds w/ an OS50 to accompany it. (But if you take this route make sure to upgrade your linkages & head pieces if you change your blade sizes)

-Corn

PS. The only spot I could get the conversion kit now is UPdateR/C. RC-Champ and the other spot isn't responding to emails. MC-2 said they should have something in a couple weeks though. I couldn't wait and paid extra for it now.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:07 AM
Sacha

Default RE: caliber 30 4 stroke conversion

Hello!

I have the Caliber 4 stroke. This is a personnal modification based on the upgrade kit 32 - 46/50.

You need first to upgrade your helis with this kit.

PS: The longer tailboom is not necessery for the 4 stroke but included in the kit...

You need to use the original size of blades. The 600mm are to big for the engine.

After that, you need to change the transmission.

I may send you picture if you want.

The kit is available by www.updateRC.com in belgium for 99€

This version (with 4 stroke) fly well but is not enough powerful for acrobatics fly.

I work in the next day on a new transmission and I'll let you known what are the result.

Actually, for scale helis, it is the perfection. Abslolutely quiet.

Be carefull on the engine temp.

On a 4 stroke, you never known if the carbs setting are ok or not except if you can check the temp.

The engine must stay bettween 130 and 150°C !!!!

Otherwise, it is the overheating.

Good luck