Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Caliber 30 Tail Rotor question

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Caliber 30 Tail Rotor question

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 09:32 PM
damiles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliber 30 Tail Rotor question

I have a question about the tail rotor on the Caliber 30. When I spin the blades I can hear a click (fairly noticeable) for every full rotation of the tail rotor. I removed the tail boom and rotated the tail but did not hear the clicking. It could be normal. Should the tail rotor click when you spin the main rotor?
Old 04-24-2004, 08:08 PM
ShotgunTC88
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Caliber 30 Tail Rotor question

I have heard of that problem and I believe someone used epoxy or somthing to secure the belt pulley on the tail rotor as it gets some kind of play after having flown it awhile, You may have to do a search here or some other airplane/heli forums but I am positive there is a fix for it.

So far I have not had that problem in mine, But I havent did a lot of flying with it yet

Good Luck

Shotgun
Old 04-25-2004, 02:52 PM
Farmboy

[link]http://www.waltercedric.com/Helico/caliber/tips/tips.htm[/link]
Old 04-25-2004, 08:15 PM
damiles

I found the problem with the tail rotor. The keyed shaft on the tail rotor gear is worn. Part number 935 (CA3055) on exploded view (5) in the Caliber 30 manual. I am surprised it is worn so badly since I have not flown it that much.

I am considering just gluing it with metal set or something like it. What do you think?
Old 04-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Sunday Flyer53

Hi there Damiles: I have read several messages about this as well. I had the same thing starting on my Calibre and used some Loctite on the shaft which seemed to cure the problem. I would be hesitent to use anything more permanent as at some time you will have to dismantle it anyway.

Be sure to clean the parts well before using the LocTite and good luck.

Although I have been flying fixed wing for over 30 years this is my first heli and I just love it. There may be a few design issues but I still think it is one of the smoothest flying helis I have seen.