Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Setting up the Caliber 30, ¿EMS or MMS?

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Setting up the Caliber 30, ¿EMS or MMS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 10:48 PM
pionky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up the Caliber 30, ¿EMS or MMS?

Hi, Im setting up my first Heli a Caliber 30, it can be set up with electronic mixing at 120 degrees or with Mechanical mixing at 90 degrees, which one is better, safer, easier to fly, for a beginner like me. And for the future when i became a little less unexperienced?

Thanks for your advice.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:45 AM
Cyberfyn

Default RE: Setting up the Caliber 30, ¿EMS or MMS?

Excellent question... And everyone will have a different answer!

Personally I use the EMS setup, which I would only reccomend if you are using Digital servos. The MMS system is probably better for the beginner & is more tolerent of standard servos. Although I would always reccomend getting the best servos you can afford and they must at least be ballraced types.

I recently set up a Cal for my friend who was using Futaba 3001 servos on EMS and it had a lot of interaction issues and was difficult to fly well. I changed it over to MMS and it was a diferent animal!

Ian F.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:25 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried both modes and MMS would be my choice. EMS is not something new. With the advent of computer radios and better servos it has finally surfaced to be the in thing. Manufactures have found it to be cheaper and less complicated from an engineering point of view. These same engineering techniques are being applied to the drive train by replacing gears with belts.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:56 AM
warmac

what radio did you guys use when testing setups? Did anybody use the Futaba 6SHS?
Old 05-05-2005, 02:02 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm using a JR 8103H. I don't no anything about Futuba radio other than they seem to be the manufacture of choice.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:13 AM
TMooreATX

CCPM is just fine on the Cal 30 no matter what servo you are using. The RD series of radios and the Stylus excel at CCPM due to the way their channels are grouped and the speed of their systems but any good radio should do the job.

TM
Old 05-13-2005, 05:26 PM
heli-cuzz

ORIGINAL: flycatch

I tried both modes and MMS would be my choice. EMS is not something new. With the advent of computer radios and better servos it has finally surfaced to be the in thing. Manufactures have found it to be cheaper and less complicated from an engineering point of view. These same engineering techniques are being applied to the drive train by replacing gears with belts.

I'm a newb at this, I don't understand the difference between the two, but I first set-up in EMS and for some reason my Futaba radio won't allow that type of mix. My friend set my cal. 30 up MMS and it flies like my simulator.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:10 PM
warmac

ORIGINAL: CuzzDawg

ORIGINAL: flycatch

I'm a newb at this, I don't understand the difference between the two, but I first set-up in EMS and for some reason my Futaba radio won't allow that type of mix. My friend set my cal. 30 up MMS and it flies like my simulator.
I don't think all radios allow for EMS, although I think most newer ones do. What model radio are you using?