Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Caliber & Stylus setup help

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Caliber & Stylus setup help

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 12:48 AM
caliberdave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliber & Stylus setup help

Looking for help setting up my Caliber 30 with a Stylus radio & heli feature card. I wanted to use the cp3f configuration but the Stylus manual shows the pitch servo on the opposite side to the Caliber manual. I haven't used a radio like this or the cpm configuration before & I'm unsure what to do. I flew a Concept 30 SR-T and a Radeon radio for a few years. Any help & advice would be appriciated.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:11 AM
TMooreATX

I've been using the Stylus in a Cal 30 since last year. It works fine. Ignore the Stylus manual, what have you tried?

Terry
Old 07-29-2003, 02:19 AM
MooseLoad

I am using the same swash type in mine with a borrowed rd6000 and it works fine. All you have to do is plug the pitch servo into the aileron servo channel on the reciever and aileron into the pitch...a lil reversing and all is well.....
Old 08-01-2003, 09:40 PM
caliberdave

Thanks for the info. I was just confused by the Stylus manual. Didn't know if I could make those changes or not. So I'm using the machanical setup right now. I have several flights around the backyard now & there is quite a bit of difference compared to the Concept 30 SR-T I was flying.

I would like to go to the 120* swash setup, so any detailed setup info you can provide would be very helpful. Including your settings for PI, TH & RU. It took some time to learn the radio, too. I was using an Airtronics Radeon with the Concept which is not a computer radio & none my fixed wing radios are computer types either. Everything about this project is new, so feel free to offer any pointers.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:20 PM
TMooreATX

CP3F is the setting for CCPM. Settings for pitch, throttle and rudder all depend on your servo arm length, EPA settings, etc.. My setup won't necessarily translate to your machine. I'm running a TT39 with TT muffler and 30% Magnum fuel and a 5 cell pack with a GY401/9253 servo on the tail.

My advice is to set up the machine using the CCPM setup and experiment for yourself. See what happens.

Terry