Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

JR landing gear

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

JR landing gear

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 10:21 AM
rms59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR landing gear

Hi all....
Does anyone have a JR landing gear that keeps breaking?
I have one installed on a 120 Electric with a 7 cell nimh pack mounted on the gear in the provided holders. The battery is pushed forward so it rests mostly on the forward battery clamp. The rear of the battery has a dowel which extends to the rear holder.
Since I am learning, I have had several hard landings with drops from about 3 feet. Each of the landings wasn't hard enough to cause the rotor to contact the boom, but the battery causes so much downward stress that it snaps the front gear right above the front battery holder.
Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions?
Dick
Old 11-17-2003, 02:08 PM
redfenix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR landing gear

I didn't plan my zip-ties on the front bulkhead very well and tore out the very bottom part of the bulkhead on my first crash. Now, what I've done is put very small zip-ties around the JR gear and through the farthest holes on the bulkhead, hopefully the zip-ties will give and not the bulkhead this time. Also, I have a thin piece of plywood running the length of my landing gear (zip-tied on as well.) It is covered with the hook-side of velcro and I have loop-side velcro on each of my batteries. I only use the front gear to hold my battery and I don't use any rubber bands to keep them closed. On that fateful first wreck, my battery came loose from the holder, and velcro and even came unplugged! (I have it plugged from the aft side, with ultra deans.)

Happy hovering!

--Kevin