Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Corona Keeps cutting out

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Corona Keeps cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 09:49 PM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corona Keeps cutting out

Just put in a Mega 16/15/3 motor and Phoneix 35 speed control Combo into my Corona 120, Using my 7 cell 2400 mAh, but the motor keeps hesitating and keeps cutting out for a split second or two, Motor is Not Running steady at hover. Is their an adjustment to make on the 35 ESC. I hate this Crap, the Mega motor and Phoneix 35 are brand new!!! I am so tempted to put my old Fusion 7 motor and old Fusion 35 ESC back in this corona........[:@]
Old 06-21-2004, 11:49 PM
askman

Default RE: Corona Keeps cutting out

most likely cause is your receiver. From what I've seen on various website, the big recommendation is changing out the receiver to Berg 5 DSPII. (you can get them from www.rc-direct.com I use them as well, and they work great at great price and had no problem with glitch (cc25, mega 15/3 combo) . It seems that CC esc seems to be more prone to noise in the receiver. I've used hitec 555 with Jeti 30-3p ESC without any problem as well on a corona.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:31 AM
FlyingFish

Thanks for your input "Askman" But I found the problem, The Corona whip anttena went bad (I think the Capaitor on it went South...) Anyway I used The Receiver's original Antenna wire, Ran it from nose to tail and it works great, So I'll just get another Whip!

However I do have another 2 questions for you...... Do You Know of a simpler to adjust Gyro, for the Corona? Right now I have a PG2000 Duel rate adjust gyro, One adjust for hover one for forward flight. The tail is to sensitive need something a little simpler to adjust. My hornet heli was so easy to set, But this PG is driving me crazy! Hey if your Suggestion is a vast improvment then You can Have my PG2000 Free..............

My other question is this, I have a 7 cell 2400 mAh battery pack on my corona 120, and sometimes after a full charge I fly my heli but, Due to certian conditions,(Wind kicks up, getting too dark) sometimes I only finish half the batt. pack, What should I do, DRAIN The rest of the pack, or CHARGE the Rest of the Pack? Kind of Seeing the Glass half empty or half full Theory..........
Old 06-22-2004, 10:02 AM
RandyT

I have a GY240 and a GY401, the 401 is much nicer, but both are pretty rock steady. In regards to your batteries, it depends on if they are NiCd's or NiMh. NiCd's are to be stored drained, while NiMh's need to be stored half charged. There is not a need to cycle a NiMh battery since it doesn't have memory. Good luck.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:09 PM
FlyingFish

My Batteries are a RC-2400 Sealed Type Recharchable NICKEL CADMIUM BATTERY, That would be NiCd's I Guess..........
Old 06-22-2004, 05:14 PM
RandyT

Yes, they are NiCd's and they should be stored drained. Good luck.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:16 AM
dustdevl

Mine had the same problem..... with the canopy on.
When I took the canopy off, no more glitching or motor cut off for a second or two. I didn't think much of it at the time, but eventually the phoenix controller burnt up! I don't think it is happy at partial power settings without a lot of airflow. I fly with the canopy off for now.
Hope this helps.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:58 PM
FlyingFish

My canopy has lots of Cirulation holes cut into it, But I solved the problem! I purchased a "Glitch Reducer" From Helihobby and it hasen't glitched in the last 25 flights!...............