Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Collective future

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Collective future

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 04:44 PM
darthdrk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Collective future

I have a LMH and its fixed pitch, I have no problem holding it in a hover. I look at sims as a tool. They definitely help your flying ability. I never purchased the G2 I was to cheap so I downloaded the FMS(free) simulator. I can see the difference that it has made for me even though its not as realistic. But when its all said and done, Theres nothing like the real hands on experience. Sims has helped me in orientating the Helicopter. Although the LMH isnt and cant do 3d you can do some mild aerobatics. Thats where Im at right now. Every now and then I still do some aerobatics that I really dont try to do. Its about the fun factor.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:59 PM
Moses2u72

CP AS AN UPGRADE!
Old 03-16-2003, 11:36 AM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Default Re: Re: Collective future

Originally posted by Paul Arlton

Joe,

Collective pitch is not out of the question. It's just that we cater to beginners who already have a lot of parts to assemble, and many of our customers could not handle the extra complexity or cost.

At some point we will release a collective head, I'm just not sure when.

Paul
I unfortunately just sold my Corona which I really love but it's always breezy and windy here and it's just not really fun to fly in windy situations because of the wind picking me up and I'm having to drop my throttle to sometimes below 20% which makes it very tricky and hard to control to descend and/or land in the wind, also tricky holding steady altitude in breezy situations without going up and down like a yo yo which I understand is common in fixed pitch heli's.

I can say right now, if there was a cp mod for the Corona, there would be no way I'd have sold it. I know you feel that many of your customers may not be able to afford it or could not handle the complexity of it, you're right but it wouldn't hurt to offer a cp mod or seperate cp kits for those who choose. The heli doesn't really leave any room to grow and it's kinda sad because it is such a great heli, I only had mine for less than a month and I'm yearning for collective pitch.

Again by no means am I saying get rid of the fixed pitch and just do cp of course , don't get me wrong, it's still a great heli and I really enjoyed the experience.

Also, if you look into it, a lot of Corona owners are investing lots of $ in their Coronas and imho a cp mod (worse case, even though if it required a new crutch etc.) or a 110 or 120 CP kit would be a great step for Lite Machines and would sell like crazy and really open up the market for you. I definitely feel you would benefit, I see countless amounts of people thinking about getting a Corona that doesn't because they think they'll want a cp heli after a while and just go straight to a cp model.

Your Products obviously are definitely great regardless, just the fact that you folks take a big chunk of the market even if it is fixed pitch and has a wooden chassis is awesome. I would not even sell mine if I could afford to keep 2 heli's, I love the Corona and later when I get more $ together, I just might get another one.

Imagine That Though!! The All New Corona Pro cp heli!!

Wow, I would love to have one of those!
Old 03-16-2003, 03:29 PM
lenrev

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Darthdrk
[B]I have a LMH and its fixed pitch, I have no problem holding it in a hover. I look at sims as a tool. ]

Found the reason I couldn't hold a hover in Real Flight. I use the RCJoy USB interface with my JR 8103. I had exponential set up per some suggestions I read. Took expo out and am now not so far behind the heli.