Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

V7 - It Works (worked!)

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

V7 - It Works (worked!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 09:59 PM
lyk2fly
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: V7 - It Works (worked!)

Ouch Tony!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about your back. I hope you will get well soon. I managed to get the Hawk in the air yesterday. It was flawless......no vibrations. The Hawk is a smoooth bird! I didn't need the main shaft, flybar or feathering shaft (I straightened them all). So the adjusted repair price is $38.40 for the Hawk as opposed to $28.95 for the LMH (if you count the failed servo, $9.64 if you don't). Also the LMH has a faulty glow plug. As long the LMH is used frequently the glow plug last a long time......but when it isn't used for a while you can count on a failing glow plug. They seem to deteriorate once used then stored????? Today a failing glow plug caused my LMH to fall from the sky......no damage though. Back to the Hawk....or actually the Telebee 701.....I managed to adjust things properly this time......no servo neutral changes when shifting from hh to standard mode......the nose doesn't move (thank God).....and I found that I do acutally like hh mode but it will take some getting used to.
That's my report for now
Mark
Old 10-31-2004, 10:26 PM
fiat

Mark I fly HH all the time, I love it and now I am doing rolls and some inverted flight so the HH helps tons. While doing some 3D stuff yesturday I hit the ground. It will cost me about 20 bucks or so. I had a spare set of CF blades so thats good. But it was PILOT error not the hawks fault. In fact any crash I have had with the hawk was MY fault. Mark how far are you from Anderson SC. ??A bunch of 3D heli flyers go there most every weekend. Alan
Old 11-01-2004, 12:05 PM
T.W.

Thanks Mark. My slipping disc has been slipping in and out all year so it's nothing new, but it is frustrating (as well as painful of course!). I'm on the mend (again) at the moment - thank goodness, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get back to the strip again in the near future

Glad to hear that your Hawk and LMH are both back in the air - and that you got your Hawk fixed too Alan (is this post "crash central or what?). I also like the HH option. I have a HH module on my Piccolo, and I fitted a HH gyro to my LMH for it's last couple of flights. But watch out when you're flying circuits though - you really have to work that rudder stick to keep the tail where you want it to be. It can seem "strange" at first and I've even seen a couple of heli pilots crash just because they mistakedly left the HH turned on whilst flying circuits
Old 11-01-2004, 10:24 PM
lyk2fly
My Feedback: (3)

Alan....I'm not very close to Anderson....I'm closer to Chattanooga.
Mark