Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

New Apache crutch

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

New Apache crutch

Old 05-31-2005, 04:13 PM
Peter_d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Apache crutch

Hi all, Im the former Dot-Rcu
I changed the name so I have the same as in other forums..

Anyway, I have posted on my power failure with my 116 and here's the crutch I've been using. (Hey Darth, looks like I beat you to be the second Apache )

The design is taken from Matt Shumakers Apache so the credits should all go to him !!

The crutch is made out of plywood and its about the same weight as the original crutch (so this is not why I have power problems)
My first landing gear for this crutch was made out of ply... they didn't last long when my powerproblems started so I made a new one in G10.
And yes, the landing gear is painted in black now.

//Peter
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95245.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	278741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50025.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	278742  
Old 05-31-2005, 11:24 PM
darthdrk

Default RE: New Apache crutch

Heres mine, not much has changed in the last couple of months but it soon will. This is an electric must. I think the gas engine wouldnt have the umph to haul it and then there are going to be overheating issues with the gas engines. This one has outrunner brushless motor and cooling fans for motor and esc. I may have to do a little more tail modification so that the rear horizontal stabilizer will not be in the way of the tail rotor blades. And then again I could fly it without the stabilizer. Not............ I want to see it in the air complete.

Name:	Rp44905.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	278950   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57102.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	278951  
Old 06-01-2005, 12:48 AM
Peter_d

Hey Darth,

I really like that fuse !!

Yes, your probably right about the Umph in the 116 for the Apache fuse.
That's why I starded to make another, one thats going to hold a .12 car engine

Im kind of stuck here because Im waiting for Matt to get the new mixing arms for the flybar []
Once he get them Im going to order a extreme rotorhead, flybar and swash.
After I get these parts I can cut and lathe my 7mm main shaft to the right length.

Name:	Xv64037.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	278982   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89113.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	278983  
Old 06-01-2005, 07:46 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darth! whats up dude...havent seen you around ,,thought maybe you took off again (really bad pun>,,I gave my whole set up to a friend to play with for a while,,wont see him again till mid june,,he says he'll fly it for me by then...oh he was on here about the starter cone ..Deadstick ..anyway, I'll get back in the game one of these days,,maybe with a different set up /brand...Rog

good to see your still around..
Old 06-01-2005, 06:53 PM
darthdrk

Im still around. And still having fun with the Litemachines helicopters. I finally went electric and even flying alot of upgrade parts from Matt of Ballistic technology. Bret AKA as Choppa-1 I think thats the correct spelling, has an awesome tail gearbox and aluminum hub. I have a BT carbon Heli with crazy crutch and also a standard Corona with with upgrades and of course The BT Apache. I may have enough parts to put together another Corona minus a few major parts. Its all fun. Its pretty slow over here so, I venture to nether worlds. Sometimes I come back here to see whats going on and sometimes try to see if I can get something jump started. I have to admit finally, Im liking the electric side of things much better but I still have to get better electric stuff. Im still using brushed motors and Nimhs. Seems like Im always a little behind the times but man, this stuff isnt cheap and I like eating sometimes too. By the time I get the newer stuff, it has already became old technology. Yep, I can remember back in the day when we use to carry the LMH forum over here I do believe it was me, you, Spiro, Davensocal and a few others. Good to see you are still keeping in touch and checking in.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:03 PM
notasme

Darth,

Do you know what hap-pend to chopperhead(spelling)? Their web site seems to be gone.
Sorry to hear you went EP. Thought you may go with an OS conversion.

notasme
Old 06-10-2005, 09:13 PM
darthdrk

From what ive heard Choppahedz went belly up. They are out of business. So Far, I like the electric, Its really been less a hassle as far as flying goes. The electric is sure more expensive but I guess it all evens out in the long run. Mabey its me but it seems like the LMH Heli ferver has died down. Not me, Im still flying mine, I have about three different variants on the LMH Heli but they are all electrics now. Im still making bodies and even doing some new bodies for the Corona although some of the LMH bodies sales has dropped off. Nothing against the Universe but I spend more time at the groups since things have died down here. I still stay in touch here and hope that it will get jump started again over here.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Peter_d

I can't belive how long it was since I posted the first pics of this (new) crutch [X(]

This crutch have gone thru some major changes over time. First I was going to mount a .11 car engine with pull start which I also did, but couldn't get the engine to run any good.
So I finally got feed up with the gasser engines and went electric (wish I did this LONG time ago), this was a big plunch in the wallet too, around $1000 for motor, esc, Lipo, Charger, gyro+ servo, Alot of BT stuff .
Anyway this is what it looks like today and it looks really cool both in the air and when I taxi it around on the ground.

//peter

Name:	Ig11548.jpg
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	497822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur51992.jpg
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	497823   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69680.jpg
Views:	23